Mass Effect Andromeda Update 1.08 Is Live, Here’s the Patch Notes
Detailed on Tuesday, Mass Effect Andromeda update 1.08 is now rolling out on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. To prepare for the new patch, servers will be down until 9am PT/12am ET, meaning multiplayer and Strike Teams will be unavailable.
The biggest additions in 1.08 have to do with the character creator and male romance options for Scott Ryder. For the character creator, you’ll find two new heads (one male and one female), new complexion options, a greater range of skin tones, all hairstyles for both sexes unlocked, the ability to change your character’s appearance onboard the Tempest, and the ability to choose to keep the default Alec.
For the expanded male romance options, Scott Ryder can now pursue Jaal. BioWare explained why this change occurred:
Scott Ryder did not have a same-sex squadmate available as a romance option, nor could the achievement for completing three romances be achieved with only male same-sex partners. And as the angara have expressed their fluidity in how they perceive gender, it seemed only natural that Scott could have a relationship with Jaal.
However, we understand that a character’s orientation is an important part of what makes them feel real. The relationships with your crew are some of the most loved and cherished parts of our games, so we wanted to make sure we got it right. We consulted with members of the LGBTQ community, both externally and within our own studios. After carefully considering all feedback, we decided this was an important change to make, and one that made sense for Jaal, Scott, and the angara.
Our writing, editing, and animation teams worked together to ensure this change made sense for Jaal’s character, and the result is a relationship we hope feels as fulfilling and memorable for Scott as it does for Sara.
Here’s the patch notes for Andromeda update 1.08:
- Ryder’s appearance can now be changed onboard the Tempest
- Expanded the range of options available in the character creator
- Jaal can now be romanced by Scott Ryder
- Dialogue for Hainly Abrams was adjusted to change the flow of personal information she discusses with Ryder.
- Fixed issue with Nomad upgrades Shield Crafting quest
- Nexus level and cryo pod points are retroactively granted
- Vendors now carry weapon mods for Level 60-71 players
- Vendors now sell weapon augmentations for automatic fire, burst fire, and single-shot fire
- Improved clarity of descriptions for augmentations
- Plasma Charge system now works properly for shotguns
- Beam Emitter augmentation now causes guns to fire a constant beam with scaling damage based on the weapon’s damage per second
- [PC] Added experimental support for Dolby Vision technology
- Stealth Grid challenge now increments properly
- Fiend no longer sprints when within 10 meters of target, and will decelerate to base speed
- Enabled movement correction during Fiend attacks to reduce incidence of players seeing Fiends attacking in the wrong direction
- Improved movement prediction for some enemies in tight spaces to reduce appearance of teleportation
- Fixed issue that prevented melee attacks if the revive icon was near center screen
- Fixed issue where ammo pick-up audio incorrectly played
- Fixed issue where Backlash could malfunction while moving
- Using Stealth and Recon Visor together no longer increases duration of invisibility for Turian Agent
- Fixed issue where weight reduction modifications wouldn’t reduce weight
- The Revive Pack Transmitter now displays the revive radius in the loadout screen
- Equipping the Cobra RPG now interrupts reloading
- Player turns to Adhi when getting synced to avoid teleportation issue
- Fixed issue where enemies would occasionally enter T-pose when hit
- Improved visual and audio cues for player ready status in Multiplayer lobbies
- Added “Lights” option to customization options
You can read up on the combat balance updates in 1.08 over here, which include changes to weapon bloom and accuracy, melee, and more.
On Twitter, Mass Effect Producer Michael Gamble said, “Been reading a lot of comments lately on various internet places. Lots of people do like [Mass Effect Andromeda] That’s a good thing for us to hear.”
If a recent report is true, the Mass Effect series has been put on hold.