E3 2017 – ARK: Survival Evolved Fully Releases on August 8, Season Pass & Collector’s Edition Revealed
Studio Wildcard has announced that ARK: Survival Evolved will fully release on August 8 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. It will be available through both retail and digital stores.
Here’s the different editions that will be available for ARK: Survival Evolved at launch in North America (European details TBA):
ARK: Survival Evolved ($59.99 USD)
This base game includes everything a burgeoning Jurassic adventurer needs to get started in the world of ARK. It’s the core game, and all free content released up to this point, offering up hundreds of hours of gameplay to players.
ARK: Survival Evolved Explorer’s Edition ($99.99 USD)
The Explorer’s Edition takes the base game, and adds even MORE – introducing a Season Pass that will grant access to all expansion packs, starting with Scorched Earth (available now) and including more packs launching later this year and into 2018.
ARK: Survival Evolved Limited Collector’s Edition ($159.99 USD)
Only at GameStop and EB Games Canada will ARK fans be able to pre-order the ARK: Survival Evolved Limited Collector’s Edition for $159.99 USD/$219.99 CAN. The ultimate ARK fan’s dream, the limited Collector’s Edition is a collectible faux-wooden chest box that contains the ARK Explorer’s Edition (base game + Season Pass) along with…
- A handcrafted leather-bound Explorer’s Notebook, featuring the Dossiers of every in-game creature
- An official ARK necklace
- A cloth map of the ARK island
- A poster of the Studio Wildcard development team
- The official ARK: Survival Evolved soundtrack, recorded live by the Philharmonia Orchestra
As mentioned above, there’s a Season Pass for ARK: Survival Evolved. In addition to the already available Scorched Earth, two more expansions are planned.
Additionally, Ragnarok, the first official mod, will be out on July 4 for PS4 and Xbox One as free DLC.
Here’s what to expect:
- A 144 sq kilometer map designed to be explored by land, sea or air
- Tons of harvest-able or gatherable resources
- Caves of all shapes and sizes, each designed to be built in
- Distinct variations on former ARK creatures, as well a special brand-new creature unique to Ragnarok
- Build tree platforms on unique trees/rocks
- Expansive biomes that were built to reward hardy explorers
- Some of the most challenging dungeons in ARK will await players
- An active volcano that while erupting yields a high amount of resources in the form of lava crystal
- Beautiful vistas and base locations as far as the eye can see
- Hot springs that while dormant yield a relaxing buff, but when active, become dangerous
- Ruins to not only explore but that can also be incorporated into base builds
- A vast ocean with its own ecosystem
- Upcoming future desert biome to find and tame creatures
- Upcoming Explorer Notes that hold the key to Ragnarok’s secrets and history
ARK: Survival Evolved has nearly nine million players across all platforms already.