Grand Theft Auto V Update 1.40 on PS4, Xbox One & PC Today Adds Gunrunning Content
Grand Theft Auto V update 1.40, aka the Gunrunning Update, is now available to download on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC, Rockstar Games has announced. According to players, it’s 2.2GB.
Here’s a look at all the new content with today’s update:
- Bunkers have been added to GTA Online. Players can purchase a Bunker from the Maze Bank Foreclosures website. Bunkers can be customized with a choice of add-ons such as a Personal Quarters, a Shooting Range, a Gun Locker and Transportation. Upon purchasing a Bunker, VIP, CEO or MC President Players will gain access to the Gunrunning Business.
- The Gunrunning Business has been added to GTA Online. The Gunrunning Business is managed via the Disruption Logistics website on the laptop inside the Bunker, and allows players to Resupply and Sell the weapons generated by their Gunrunning Business. The Disruption Logistics website is also used to manage Bunker Staff, Research and buy Bunker Upgrades.
- 6 new Weaponized Vehicles have been added to GTA Online and can be purchased from the Warstock website. These can be modified in the Weapon & Vehicle Workshop bay of the Mobile Operations Center: HVY APC, BF Dune FAV, Bravado Half-track, Pegassi Oppressor, Declasse Weaponized Tampa, Vom Feuer Anti-Aircraft Trailer
- The following weapons can now be upgraded to Mk II variants at the Weapon Workshop of an owned MOC: Pistol, SMG, Assault Rifle, Carbine Rifle, Combat MG, Heavy Sniper
- Over 80 new weapon attachments, liveries and tints have been added for Mk II weapons, some of which are unlocked via Research. These include: A selection of different scopes for each Mk II weapon, including Night Vision and Thermal Vision scopes for the Heavy Sniper Mk II; Heavy Barrels, which increases damage dealt to long-range targets; Muzzle Breaks and Compensators, which reduce recoil during rapid fire
- Over 750 new clothing items and outfits have been added to GTA Online for male and female characters.
- Over 30 new tattoos have been added to GTA Online.
- Two new hairstyles have been added to GTA Online for male and female characters.
The Mobile Operations Center (MOC) has been added to GTA Online. The MOC is a Truck and Trailer property that can be driven in Freemode, and can be purchased once a player owns a Bunker. Players can customize their MOC with a choice of Truck Cab, Trailer Bays and Interior Color. The MOC Trailer has space for 3 different Trailer Bays which can be filled with the following:
- Weapon Workshop – This bay includes a Weapon Workshop that gives players access to 6 new Mk II variants of existing weapons and over 80 new Mk II personal weapon mods.
- Weapon & Vehicle Workshop – This bay includes the Weapon Workshop and a Vehicle Workshop that is used for modifying Weaponized Vehicles (this uses 2 of the 3 available bays).
- Personal Vehicle Storage – This bay includes a storage space for one of a player’s Personal Vehicles.
- Living Quarters – This bay includes Seating, a Wardrobe and access to the Mobile Operations app used for launching Mobile Operations.
- Command Center – This bay includes a Wardrobe, access to the MOC Remote Turret and the Mobile Operations app used for launching Mobile Operations.
Mobile Operations can be accessed through the Mobile Operations touch screen in either the Living Quarters or Command Center bays. Operations are locked until the MOC owner has completed the number of Resupply Missions required by each Operation. After completing each Operation, the featured Weaponized Vehicle in each Operation becomes available at the significantly reduced Trade price:
- Severe Weather Patterns (2-4 Players) – Intercept and take down Merryweather air supply lines in Blaine County. Weaponized Dune FAV’s will be issued to the team and should be returned upon completion.
- Half-track Bully (2-4 Players) – Infiltrate enemy agent base of operations and limit their power by securing a Weaponized Half-track from the enemy fleet and turning it over to friendlies.
- Exit Strategy (2-4 Players) – Protect this nation’s important allies/customers as they try to depart LSIA by private plane and helicopter. Turreted Trailers will be provided for the purpose, and should be returned.
- Offshore Assets (2-4 Players) – Launch a salvage operation on a downed freighter using an aquatic ATV. Once the cargo is collected from the sea bed, return it and the ATV to friendlies. Expect competition from other parties.
- Cover Blown (2-4 Players) – A Company Mobile Operations Center has been made. Get the Ops Center to safety while maintaining a certain speed to avoid enemy missile lock.
- Mole Hunt (2-4 Players) – Using Weaponized Tampas, destroy signal jammers to find the location of a rogue agent. Take out the agent before he defects, then deliver the Weaponized Tampas to a drop off location.
- Data Breach (2-4 Players) – Enemy agents are using Oppressor bikes as storage devices for stolen company data. Get a hold of the bikes and deliver them to a friendly cargo plane.
- Work Dispute (2-4 Players) – Using Oppressor bikes, take down a rogue company Mobile Operations Center at our own HQ. The target will have ground support and be utilizing deceptive techniques. Equipment should be returned on completion of task.
New ammo types have been added for Mk II weapons, and can be equipped at the Weapon Workshop of an owned MOC once unlocked via Research. Held ammo capacity for these types is limited, and can only be refilled at the Weapon Workshop. The following ammo types are available:
- Tracer Rounds, which show bright visible markers matching the weapon tint
- Incendiary Rounds, which have a chance to set targets on fire
- Hollow Point Rounds, which increase damage to unarmored targets
- Armor Piercing Rounds, which increase penetration of Body Armor
- Full Metal Jacket Rounds, which increase damage to vehicles and penetrate bullet proof and bullet resistant glass
- Explosive Rounds, which create a small explosion on impact
- Bunker Series has been added to GTA Online. Bunker Series is a new Adversary Mode Series that consists of existing Adversary Modes that are set in the Bunker interior. These modes include: Every Bullet Counts, Juggernaut, Kill Quota, Resurrection, Slasher, Till Death Do Us Part, Trading Places
- A new “Hood: Up/Down” option has been added to the Interaction Menu > Style for applicable items.
- A new “Jacket: Open/Closed” option has been added to the Interaction Menu > Style for applicable items.
- Ballistic Equipment has been added to GTA Online. The Ballistic Equipment is a new set of armor that players can call in when in Freemode if unlocked via Research and purchased from Warstock Cache & Carry. Once purchased, players can use the Interaction Menu > Ballistic Equipment Services option to call it in for a fee.
- To become a VIP, players now only need $50,000 in their bank account – previously, this was $1,000,000.
- New MC and CEO outfits have been added to GTA Online.
- Multiple Special Race props have been added to Director Mode.
There’s also several fixes included with 1.40, including one for an issue that left GTA Online unresponsive after selecting an activity if you didn’t have PlayStation Plus. Additionally, Rockstar has made several improvements in GTA Online to prevent crashes, improve the quality of matchmaking, and reduce the number of disconnections and split sessions.
Expect to hear about the Gunrunning Snapmatic Contest, Rockstar Editor Contest, Social Club Sweepstakes, and more later this week from Rockstar.