Patapon Remastered Is Out in Summer 2017 for PS4, Here’s Some Gameplay
Patapon Remastered is releasing in summer 2017 for PlayStation 4, and it was featured during the PlayStation LiveCast at E3 2017. In the above video, you’ll get to see several minutes of gameplay (best look begins at 2:45) as Sony Worldwide Studios President Shuhei Yoshida talks about the upcoming remaster.
A rhythm-based 2D platform/action game, Patapon Remastered features 4K resolution support on PS4 Pro, 1080p resolution support on PS4, and more:
An iconic PlayStation game, players are tasked with leading the colorful Patapons, a brave and noble tribe, through a series of epic battles against opposing armies and gigantic monsters. In a distinct gameplay twist, action and rhythm are intertwined as players utilize drumbeats to march, attack, and defend, ultimately leading the Patapon tribe to victory.
- 2160p Resolution – 4K and 1080p resolution offer the smoothest lines and textures possible for output to modern televisions.
- Rhythm and Action Collide – Master up to six different drumbeats to command the Patapon troops to march, attack, defend, power up, retreat, and use magic. Combine the various chains of drumbeats to address each unique level, leading the Patapons to victory over the Zigoton enemy forces.
- Strategic Gaming – Patapon delivers a strong element of strategy by requiring players to properly customize and build up the Patapon army, arm each soldier with particular weapons and armor, and position them correctly for battle.
- Mission Variety – Take part in more than 30 specific missions including hunting, escort, and boss battles, and explore numerous vivid environments along the way. Players will discover and access more than 100 items and weapons throughout the adventure.
- Mini-Games – Five music-based mini-games allow players to earn bonuses and upgrades to further customize the Patapon warriors.
- Music – Captivating and dramatic original music builds dynamically as players march and encounter enemy battles throughout each level.