The Gold & Silver PS4 Slim Consoles Hit Europe on June 28 for £279.99
Sony has announced that the limited edition Gold and Silver PlayStation 4 Slim consoles will hit Europe on June 28. Each include a 500GB HDD and two DualShock 4 controllers.
According to Sony’s pre-order page in the UK, the Gold PS4 is only available at Argos, while the Silver PS4 is available at several retailers. The regular price of each console is £279.99.
Here’s what the descriptions say about the new PS4s:
- New Design to the Range – Silver/Gold joins the range of smaller, slimmer, lighter PS4 consoles alongside Jet Black and Glacier White.
- High Dynamic Range (HDR) – Visuals closer to what the human eye sees in the real world.
- Slick Interface – Fast, personal and easier to use.
- Exclusive PS4 Features – Stream gameplay to your PC with Remote Play and bring a friend into your game with Share Play.
- More Connections – Features 2.4GHz/5GHz Wi-Fi mode options and HDMI 2.0 output.
- Two Consoles, One PS4 Family – All games are fully cross-compatible with players on PS4 and PS4 Pro consoles
- DualShock 4 wireless controller – the intuitive design and precise controls that defines the new generation of play.
- PlayStation VR – put yourself at the centre of the game in a matter of minutes with the PS4 exclusive virtual reality headset.
- PlayStation Camera – essential for the PS VR experience. Also unlocks PS4 features like voice controls, facial recognition and picture-in-picture video editing and broadcasting.
As the above trailer points out, not only was the PS4 the world’s best-selling console in 2014, 2015, and 2016, but it was also Britain’s best-selling console in those three years.