Rocket League Anniversary Update Out Later Today, Here’s What’s Included
The Rocket League Anniversary Update is releasing at 3pm PT/6pm ET today for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC, Psyonix has announced. To prep for the beginning of Competitive Season 5, Competitive Season 4 will end at around 2pm PT/5pm ET. Season 5 is expected to last for 3-4 months.
With the new Rocket League update, you’ll find the Champions Field arena, Rick and Morty customization items, the new Overdrive Crate, and everything else you see below:
- Free new arena – Bask in the electrified glow of Rocket League competition with the new stadium, Champions Field. This standard, modern-looking arena evokes a true sense of celebration. Look for Champions Field in Competitive, Casual, and Private matches.
- Free Rick & Morty Customization items distributed as Common drops after online and offline matches, including Rick and Morty Antennas, Cromulon, Mr. Meeseeks, and Mr. PBH Toppers, an Interdimensional GB Rocket Boost, and Sanchez DC-137 Wheels
- Rocket League Radio, which adds a new default music playlist Rocket League x Monstercat with 18 new tracks from EDM music label Monstercat
- New Import Battle-Cars Animus GP and Centio V17, available as drops inside the new ‘Overdrive Crate’
- New Overdrive Crate with the potential to unlock animated decals, brand-new trails, and more
- New customization options like Engine Audio, Goal Explosions, and Trails that are a mix of free selections and Crate drops
- End to Competitive Season 4 and Trail rewards distributed to competing players based on their highest skill tier reached
- Beginning of Competitive Season 5 with new changes
- and more!
The update will also add these six new Trophies/Achievements:
- Storm Trooper – Equip a Very Rare Item and complete a game in an Arena with turbulent weather.
- Good Times – Head to Champions Field and complete an Online game
- Swap Meet – Trade and receive one or more items with another player in a single transaction
- Trade Secret – Trade In five items of the same quality to receive an item of the next-highest quality
- Rank Up – Complete all placement matches in any Competitive Playlist
- Coming On Strong – Score or Assist a combined 30 goals or assists in Casual or Competitive Online matches
If you don’t own Rocket League yet, a special sale has started on the PlayStation Store that sees the game discounted by 50% to $9.99 USD, the Game of the Year Edition discounted by 50% to $12.49 USD, and most of the DLC discounted by 40%. The sale ends on July 19.
Rocket League will officially celebrate its 2nd birthday on July 7, and you can expect to see some game statistics tomorrow in honor of it.
So far, Rocket League has seen more than 33 million players across all platforms. In terms of copies sold, it was at 10.5 million in March.