Mass Effect Andromeda Update 1.09 Includes Facial Animation Improvements, Platinum Difficulty
BioWare has fully detailed Mass Effect Andromeda update 1.09, which is now available on PC and coming soon to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
In addition to the Platinum difficulty in Multiplayer that features a new mixed enemy faction, 1.09 also includes further improvements to facial animations and cinematics, improved stability, fixes for several reported issues, the ability to dismantle the X5 Ghost, and more.
Here’s the patch notes for Andromeda update 1.09:
- Various improvements to facial animations and cinematic scenes
- Improved stability
- [MP] Platinum difficulty added
- Fixed issue where certain hair textures could disappear from female custom heads when using Facial Reconstruction Suite
- Fixed issue where negative AVP could be displayed after reaching Nexus level 20
- Fixed various quest progression blockers
- Fixed issue where Ryder could be killed even when following directions during the guarded walk through Aya
- Fixed issue where player could commit to relationships with both Jaal and Cora concurrently
- Fixed issue where the “Reach the Signal Source” objective in Peebee’s quest line could fail to trigger
- Fixed issue where player could get trapped on a ledge in the Elaaden Vault, causing an infinite load screen
- Fixed save/load issues with the final battle area in Peebee’s Loyalty mission
- Fixed issue where the “Speak to Sid” objective on the Nexus could persist indefinitely
- Fixed issue where quest marker could disappear during the final step of the “Reformation” quest on Voeld
- Addressed issue where it was possible for the player to be attacked during initial conversation with Bain Massani on Eos
- Fixed issue where save/load could cause final platform to disappear in Drack’s Loyalty Mission
- Fixed issue where the player can’t progress through the final story mission if the Nomad is broken from the “Out of Gas” quest
- Added a confirmation prompt before changing Ryder’s appearance on the Tempest
- Fixed issue where player could become trapped by NPCs in the APEX HQ on the Nexus
- X5 Ghost can now be dismantled.
- Fixed issue where TAB (keyboard) and Start/Options (Controller) no longer served as shortcuts to close the pause menu
- Fixed issue where auto-level could assign skill points into loyalty-locked squadmate skills
- Tactical Cloak melee damage bonus now applies to jump-melee as well.
- Fixed issue with Fusion Mods displaying incorrect stats
- [PC] Improved HDR functionality on Windows 10 Creators Update
- [PC] Photo mode now supports Ansel’s depth-of-field controls.
- [PC] Fixed issue where Logitech keyboard rebinding would cause key lighting to work improperly
At 10am PT/1pm ET today, BioWare will be hosting a livestream all about 1.09.
According to a recent report, Mass Effect Andromeda won’t be getting any single-player DLC.
If you’re looking to buy Andromeda, it’s currently on sale for $20 at GameStop.