Warframe’s “Game-Changing” Plains of Eidolon Expansion Revealed, Adds Open Landscapes
Digital Extremes unveiled a new “game-changing” expansion for Warframe at TennoCon yesterday. Called Plains of Eidolon, it adds fully open landscapes to the game for the first time.
You can check out a 17-min demo above, and an official description below:
With the first introduction of Landscapes in Warframe, Plains of Eidolon enables players to discover a bustling town full of NPCs with their own stories to tell, motives, quirks, and quests to offer. Cetus, a makeshift basecamp for scavengers known as Ostrons who’ve made The Bleeding Tower their home, is filled with activity and surprise. In this immense and gorgeous new landscape, players are challenged to attain a new Warframe and new weapons, engage in new story elements, and soar over the plains using Archwing – mechanical wings previously only used in space or under water. But beware — when night falls, even the invading Grineer flee the Spectral Sentients that haunt their colossal remains on the Plains of Eidolon.
- Landscapes (Open Zones)
- Until now, Warframe missions have taken place in relatively closed environments. With the Plains of the Eidolon expansion, players will set foot in a vast natural landscape free to explore on their own terms.
- Meet the Inhabitants of Cetus
- Never before have Tenno encountered the faceless people whose lives they have saved, until now. Meet the Ostrons, a makeshift group of scavengers whose culture revolves around the grotesque harvesting of biomechanical tissue from long dormant Orokin Towers.
- Different Kind of Mission
- In addition to discovering and exploring, players will engage in an assortment of missions to find and assemble new Warframes and weapons, items and more. Expect to strap on Archwing for air travel andbattle, and experiment with customizing and modding a Warframe like never before.
- Discover and Explore
- Plains of the Eidolon offers a sense of discovery, variety, and mystery that mixes several different environments and tones to create a deep sense of place. Experience a bristling new world in where the wind rustles across your Syandana and the age and size of giant Orokin structures ominously looms in the background. Earth will be more alive than ever before.
Plains of Eidolon launches later this year. PSLS is attending TennoCon so stay tuned for our preview.