The Escapists 2 Releases on August 22 for PS4, Xbox One & PC
Sandbox prison-escape game The Escapists 2 is releasing on August 22 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC, Team17 and developer Mouldy Toof announced today.
Launching both physically and digitally, The Escapists 2 will cost $19.99 USD/£19.99/€19.99 and pre-ordering at select retailers gets you an additional prison, The Glorious Regime. Physical pre-orders are live, and digital pre-orders should begin soon.
The sequel to the multi-million selling The Escapists, here’s what to expect from The Escapists 2:
In this pulse-pounding penitentiary, players will experience the thrill of escaping a hidden compound deep in the jungle. You’ll need determination and drive to avoid the unquestioningly devoted guards, constant surveillance, and the Illustrious Leader himself, in your bid for freedom.
Escaping won’t be easy though. You’ll have to work around the strict prison schedule and avoid the unwanted attention of guards. Craft weapons and tools found (or stolen) from within the prison, but beware of cell shakedowns. Get a job or perform “favors” for your fellow inmates to purchase vital supplies, all while scouting escape routes.
- A dedicated tutorial for new players to learn the basics of prison life
- 10 unique themed prisons to escape from including the frosty Fort Tundra, a train hurtling through the desert, and even a trip to the final frontier!
- Play each prison solo or multiplayer with both local and online co-op and versus modes for up to four players
- Drop-in, drop-out online multiplayer experience. Carefully plan and execute an intricate escape from your initial incarceration with your fellow inmates either online or locally, or simply hop into an existing game already in progress to help pull off the final touches of the escape!
- A brand new combat system to make every prison brawl even more bruising
- Create your con with over 300 customizations to create your perfect prisoner
- New ways to escape
- New items to craft – Build yourself a homemade Taser to knock out guards plus many more!
The Nintendo Switch version of The Escapists 2 will be out at a later date.