New Days Gone Gameplay Video Offers an Alternate Playthrough of the E3 2017 Demo
Offering an alternate playthrough of the Days Gone E3 2017 gameplay demo, developer Sony Bend Studio brought out a new gameplay video today, narrated by Creative Director John Garvin and Deacon voice actor Sam Witwer.
Available behind closed doors at E3 2017, this demo is completely different from the stage demo. Set during the daytime in the snow, instead of the nighttime during the rain, this new playthrough doesn’t open with the dynamic event where you’re chased by wolves, so Deacon isn’t clotheslined and sent crashing to the ground.
Garvin expanded on some of the topics discussed in the demo:
- Weather and time-of-day – Snow will impact your ability to ride the Drifter Bike, cold makes Freakers stronger; rain can dampen sound, but brings more Freakers out during the day; night brings out even more Freakers and changes the behaviors of Marauders, and more.
- Survival Vision – You can focus on the environment around you to discover tracks, clues, and resources.
- Crafting (at 5:36) – You can find all sorts of things in the open world which can be used to craft items both useful and deadly.
- Traps – Creating and placing traps — used in conjunction with our distraction mechanic — is an important part of our strategic sandbox combat.
- Dynamic Events – You have to be cautious and vigilant to avoid ambushes, traps, and other hazards.
Expect to hear more about Days Gone in the coming months.
Days Gone is in development for PlayStation 4, but doesn’t have a release window yet.
You can read our E3 2017 preview over here.
[Source: PlayStation Blog]