Arika’s New EX Fighting Game Will Feature the Return of Skullomania
Arika promised that they were bringing their new fighting game to EVO 2017, and while we don’t yet have a title for their latest entry in the EX series, we do know it’ll feature one of Street Fighter EX‘s most beloved characters. As you can see in the image above, the one and only Skullomania will be a playable character in the upcoming PS4 release. It’s set to release in 2018, with a beta happening later this year.
Currently, there are five characters revealed for the upcoming Unreal Engine-powered release. Other than Skullomania, the following four characters will be playable: Kairi, Garuda, Shirase (Hokuto) and Darun Mister. That’s a solid list, but surely more will come as more details are revealed.
Check out the trailer for what Arika is currently calling “The Mysterious Fighting Game” below:
Here are the characters’ backstories via Arika:
- Having lost his memory, he is now locked in an endless battle with other powerful warriors.
- Garuda has been following Kairi around the globe, feeding on the powerful spirits Kairi releases in battle.
- He is Nanase’s brother, and Shirase’s half-brother.
- The true identity of the assassin Hokuto, after being freed from the seal placed on her.
- With her final will she erased Nanase’s memories in order for her to live a normal life.
- Having lost the ability [to] feel her emotion, her only mission now is to kill Kairi.
- A living corpse acting as the vessel for a countless number of powerful souls; he is made up of lingering grudges and resentment.
- Originally existing only to fight, in the flames of battle his sense of self became twisted and he turned into a monster that seeks to devour all other powerful souls.
- Once, a great warrior sacrificed his life to seal Garuda away, but after resonating with a powerful “dark energy,” he was reborn.
- A descendent of the Hayate clan once sealed Garuda in his own body, but was eventually taken over and became the new vessel.
- With the energy released during Kairi and Shirase’s battle, Garuda was able to resurrect himself once more by feeding on the spirits of powerful warriors.
- After finding re-employment in a very good position, he is living a productive life as a Salaryman.
- However, he is troubled by the fact that he has no recollection over the recent Skullomania appearances.
- That doubt has given birth to new powers.
- He has a pet dog named Pochiro
- The Undefeated Champion of Indora Pro Wrestling.
- After the God of Indora spoke to him in a dream, Darun resigned from his role as Purun’s bodyguard and made his way to Japan.
- He was utterly defeated by Garuda and left on the verge of death, but he was protected and saved by Gougi.
- He is now a man completely determined to face Garuda once again and defeat him.
- Incredibly Hot-blooded.
A beta test for The Mysterious Fighting Game is set to take place later this year on PlayStation 4. The full game, which still doesn’t have a title, is expected to release in 2018.
(Source: Event Hubs)