Bungie Talks Destiny 2 Error Codes Termite, Weasel & Moose
Since the launch of the early access Destiny 2 Beta yesterday, Bungie Help has been busy keeping players updated on the status of various error codes, including Termite, Moose, and Weasel.
If you’re wondering just what those error codes mean, Bungie has updated their Help site with details on the most common issues:
- We are investigating reports of error code WEASEL in the Destiny 2 Beta that returns players to Orbit when they attempt to complete Activities or inspect gear.
- We are aware of an issue that may cause players to encounter error code TERMITE in the Destiny 2 Beta during times of high sign-on activity. Players that encounter this error code should restart the Destiny 2 Beta application before trying to login again.
- We are investigating reports of error code MOOSE in the Destiny 2 Beta. Players that are encountering this error code in the Destiny 2 Beta should relaunch their activity.
Bungie says they’re also tracking Horn, Harp, Guitar, Flute, and Fiddle networking errors.
And these are the known issues with the Destiny 2 Beta:
- Players may experience a variety of networking error codes when attempting to play the Beta
- Bungie will be testing server stability throughout the Beta, which may cause error codes to appear periodically
- Location names sometimes do not appear during Crucible gameplay
- Players sometimes are Kicked to Orbit after witnessing a black screen when entering a Countdown match
- Players may sometimes be placed at the beginning of the Inverted Spire Strike Activity when joining in progress
- Sandbox balancing is still taking place: Some weapons or abilities may have higher or lower damage than intended
- Not all content has been localized in all languages
At the moment, Bungie is investigating Weasel errors, Moose errors, and “reports of players encountering client crashes when attempting to sign-in to the Destiny 2 Beta, or players encountering crashes during activities.”
You can learn more about the Destiny 2 Beta issues over here.
The Beta will open up to all PlayStation 4 and Xbox One owners on Friday, July 21 at 10am PT/1pm ET. If the launch of the Open Beta is anything like the early access beta, expect to see Termite errors when attempting to sign-in.
What have you thought of the beta so far?