Watch the Trailer for NBA Playgrounds’ Upcoming Update
Teased yesterday, NBA Playgrounds update 1.30 is now live on PlayStation 4 and PC, Saber Interactive announced today. It adds 33 new players, a 3-point contest, a new rebounding system, friend invites, and more.
Here’s the full list of patch notes:
- The following players were added – Elgin Baylor, Jerry West, Rick Barry, Tim Duncan, Brandon Jennings, Brandon Knight, Deron Williams, Derrick Favors, Gerald Green, Iman Shumpert, Jeff Green, Josh Richardson, Kenneth Faried, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Khris Middleton, Michael Carter-Williams, Mike Miller, Timofey Mozgov, Trevor Ariza, Tristan Thompson, Tyson Chandler, Bob Pettit, Jerry Lucas, Lenny Wilkens, J.R. Smith, Danny Green, J.J. Redick, Wilson Chandler, Alex Len, Dario Saric and Baron Davis
- The following players can now be played on a second team, in which they played during their career – Chris Paul (New Orleans Pelicans), Carmelo Anthony (Denver Nuggets), Al Horford (Atlanta Hawks), Ray Allen (Boston Celtics), Luol Deng (Chicago Bulls), Dennis Rodman (Chicago Bulls), Tim Hardaway (Golden State Warriors), Scottie Pippen (Houston Rockets), Dwight Howard (Orlando Magic), Goran Dragic (Phoenix Suns), Shawn Marion (Phoenix Suns), Jason Kidd (Phoenix Suns), Grant Hill (Phoenix Suns), LaMarcus Aldridge (Portland Blazers), DeMarcus Cousins (Sacramento Kings), Wilt Chamberlain (San Francisco Warriors) and Vince Carter (Toronto Raptors)
- The following Playgrounders join the Playgrounders team – Ian Eagle, EJ “The Mayor” Johnson, Agent 00, Shake4ndBake and HipHopGamer
- Added: Friends’ invitation system
- Added: 1 vs. 1 Unranked matches (in all game modes), using the matchmaking algorithm, but players don’t risk losing any ranking points or changing their ELO
- Added: 3-Point Contest. A new way to compete online. Challenge your opponent to find out who can hit the most 3-Pointers
- Added: A short steal and push protection when changing characters was added for the Client player in an online match to reduce the Host advantage
- Adjusted: Pushes are no longer effective once the shot attempt is made and the player jumped.
- Changed: The difficulty of the tournaments was reduced
- Changed: The lightning ball can now be blocked by a player just like any other shot
- Changed: The experience gain during the tournaments was increased and slightly decreased for online matches.
- Improved: The rebound system was reworked and improved to better reflect the intended game style and to make it understandable
- Fixed: Several issues that caused Desyncs during Online Game Sessions
- Fixed: An issue that could prevent a player from joining an Online Match after aborting a former matchmaking search right after it succeeded
- Fixed: Height and Weight stats of the Playgrounders in the metric system
- Fixed: An issue that could freeze the game, after winning the Tokyo tournament
NBA Playgrounds has sold over 500,000 copies across PS4, Xbox One, PC, and Nintendo Switch since launch earlier this year.
If you’re interested in NBA Playgrounds, the North American PlayStation Store is selling it for up to 40% off until August 1.