Final Fantasy XV Multiplayer Beta Test Starts on August 3 for Season Pass Owners
A closed online test for Final Fantasy XV’s Multiplayer Expansion: Comrades will run from Thursday, August 3 to Tuesday, August 8, Square Enix announced today.
Available on both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, the Final Fantasy XV multiplayer beta will only be playable for those who own the Season Pass and have a PlayStation Plus/Xbox Live subscription. Square Enix adds that the test will take place simultaneously across all regions worldwide, the file will be available to download from the PlayStation Store/Xbox Games Store soon, and progress from the beta won’t transfer over to the final version.
Here’s what to expect from the Comrades beta, which allows you to tackle multiplayer quests with up to three other people:
- Test Version – Create, control, and save up to eight avatars.
- Full Version – Develop avatars using experience gained from defeating enemies and completing quests. Updates will allow you to also play as Noctis, Gladiolus, Prompto, and Ignis.
- Test Version – Customize avatars with elements limited to the test version.
- Full Version – Unlock customization elements with item purchases at outposts and quest rewards. Updates will add even more elements.
- Test Version – Begin at test version base camp and play through a custom tutorial.
- Full Version – Experience a city with much more than the test version base camp.
- Test Version – Choose from katana, club, dagger, and shuriken weapons. Attack patterns vary from those of Noctis.
- Full Version – Enjoy an expanded arsenal featuring polearm, crossbow, and shield weapons as well, which also feature different attack patterns. Weapons come with preset abilities and experience points, and can be leveled up by meeting certain conditions.
- Test Version – Invoke the powers of sovereigns for your avatar with this new feature. Equip one of four default royal sigils in the test version.
- Full Version – Collect and equip royal sigils as you progress. The wide array of enhancements provided by the royal sigils will play a key role in cooperative multiplayer combat.
- Test Version – Choose from one of three quests, with up to three legs to each quest. All players will be matched online in the test version.
- Full Version – Explore quests with storylines as well as singleplayer quests. Join up to three other players online with a subscription to PlayStation Plus or an Xbox Live Gold membership, or fight alongside three AI companions.
- Test Version – Retrieve one ingredient per person per quest, and have the camp cook prepare a meal afterward.
- Full Version – Encounter more cooks and enjoy a wider range of meal-based boosts.
- Test Version – Receive meteorshards as quest rewards. Meteorshards cannot be used in the test version.
- Full Version – Gather meteorshards during quests to expand the scope of available activities or to unlock new quests.
- Test Version – Interact with other players using preset chat messages. Also supports voice chat.
- Full Version – Enjoy these additional features: Make Camps for Meetups with Friends, Expand/Customize, Preset Chat Messages, Receive Quest Report Cards, Take New Photographs, and more!
Further details on the final version’s content are TBA.
A release date Comrades is “TBD.”