Bandai Namco’s gamescom 2017 Plans Include “So Many New Announcements,” 10 Playable Games
Bandai Namco has revealed that their gamescom 2017 lineup includes 10 playable games, and they have “so many new announcements and activities planned” for the event.
Located in Hall 6 – A41/B41, Bandai Namco’s booth is twice as big as last year and will feature these playable games:
- Project CARS 2 – The ultimate racing experience created by Slightly Mad Studios is coming to gamescom with a new playable version, daily tournaments and on-stage activities. Stay tuned for the full calendar and list of activities that will be revealed in the upcoming weeks.
- Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom – Developed by the famous Japanese studio Level-5, discover the enchanted Kingdom of Ding Dong Dell during gamescom and start with Evan and his journey with an exclusive playable demo.
- Dragon Ball FighterZ – The punchiest 2.5D fighting game by Arc System Works will showcase its spectacular fights with a new enhanced playable version and a first competitive tournament in the EMEA region, on stage at the ESL Arena on Friday 25th August. More info will be shared in the upcoming weeks.
- Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown – Featuring story elements that bring players back to the Strangereal universe, Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown promises to deliver heart-pounding action, a gut-wrenching storyline, and the most advanced visuals to ever grace an Ace Combat game. Players will be able to fly their aircraft for the first time at gamescom on both classic and VR Mode.
- Naruto to Boruto Shinobi Striker – The latest addition to the popular Naruto game franchise that features beloved Naruto characters and teams from the series, including Team 7 among which Naruto and Sasuke, will be playable for the first time in intense 4 vs 4 battles with all eight ninjas fighting simultaneously.
- Little Nightmares – After a successful announcement last year during gamescom, the acclaimed Little Nightmares is back this year. Players will be able to test their childhood fears and help “Six” to escape The Maw.
Other playable games are TBA.
If you’re a member of Bandai Namco’s Loyalty program, you’ll be able to check out Tekken 7 and the first playable version of Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth Hacker’s Memory.
Their booth will also include these mobile titles: Tales of the Rays, Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Blazing, Dragon Ball Z Dokkan Battle, and Sword Art Online: Memory Defrag.
Bandai Namco’s Hervé Hoerdt said:
This year gamescom represents one of the biggest hit in our lineup. We want to bring all the entertaining side and fun of the company to all players. Project CARS 2 is approaching, Dragon Ball FighterZ has been one of the biggest surprise of E3 and Nino Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom is ready to amuse everyone, so we can’t wait to show all of our incredible console and mobile games to players. But this is just the beginning, we have so many new announcements and activities planned for gamescom. Stay tuned and be prepared!
On Twitter, Bandai Namco said you can expect new info, a new version of the game, and a new trailer for Dragon Ball FighterZ during gamescom. When gamescom starts, you’ll be able to register for the September beta.
gamescom 2017 runs from August 22 to 26.