Final Fantasy XV Multiplayer Beta Getting Update Next Week, Next Testing Phase Announced
Square Enix has announced that Final Fantasy XV Comrades multiplayer beta will receive an update next week that improves matchmaking. The developer also confirmed that the next phase of testing will take place from Friday, August 11 to Sunday, August 13. You can check out the announcement below.
— Final Fantasy XV (@FFXVEN) August 4, 2017
In a subsequent tweet, Square Enix said that it aims to make sure that the test runs as smoothly as possible.
In case you missed it, here’s what you should expect from the beta test as well as the final version:
- Test Version – Create, control, and save up to eight avatars.
- Full Version – Develop avatars using experience gained from defeating enemies and completing quests. Updates will allow you to also play as Noctis, Gladiolus, Prompto, and Ignis.
- Test Version – Customize avatars with elements limited to the test version.
- Full Version – Unlock customization elements with item purchases at outposts and quest rewards. Updates will add even more elements.
- Test Version – Begin at test version base camp and play through a custom tutorial.
- Full Version – Experience a city with much more than the test version base camp.
- Test Version – Choose from katana, club, dagger, and shuriken weapons. Attack patterns vary from those of Noctis.
- Full Version – Enjoy an expanded arsenal featuring polearm, crossbow, and shield weapons as well, which also feature different attack patterns. Weapons come with preset abilities and experience points, and can be leveled up by meeting certain conditions.
- Test Version – Invoke the powers of sovereigns for your avatar with this new feature. Equip one of four default royal sigils in the test version.
- Full Version – Collect and equip royal sigils as you progress. The wide array of enhancements provided by the royal sigils will play a key role in cooperative multiplayer combat.
- Test Version – Choose from one of three quests, with up to three legs to each quest. All players will be matched online in the test version.
- Full Version – Explore quests with storylines as well as singleplayer quests. Join up to three other players online with a subscription to PlayStation Plus or an Xbox Live Gold membership, or fight alongside three AI companions.
- Test Version – Retrieve one ingredient per person per quest, and have the camp cook prepare a meal afterward.
- Full Version – Encounter more cooks and enjoy a wider range of meal-based boosts.
- Test Version – Receive meteorshards as quest rewards. Meteorshards cannot be used in the test version.
- Full Version – Gather meteorshards during quests to expand the scope of available activities or to unlock new quests.
- Test Version – Interact with other players using preset chat messages. Also supports voice chat.
- Full Version – Enjoy these additional features: Make Camps for Meetups with Friends, Expand/Customize, Preset Chat Messages, Receive Quest Report Cards, Take New Photographs, and more!
We’ll continue to update our readers as and when we receive more information.