Call of Duty: World War II Gets More Details
New details on Call of Duty: WWII have been revealed in the latest issue of Game Informer. Most of the details involve the Zombies mode, even including its place in the game’s timeline. While the mode is clearly a multiplayer mode, there seems to be a lot of thought placed on the lore of these creatures and where they came from.
Here’s more information from Charlie Intel‘s summary:
- Zombies mode takes place towards the end of WWII, when Nazi Germany was in a desperate situation.
- The Zombies are created by man, Dr. Straub. Straub’s Zombies are centered around the nervous system. The Zombies are created by bolts and other items that you see stuck in them. Their backbone is the energy which charges their nervous system. The Zombies are actually being tortured.
- [A] Lot of this story is based on actual events that were happening during WWII.
Of course, the details of the mode’s gameplay matter too, and there is no shortage of details on that either:
- There are different classes and types of Zombies. Not all have every body part you may expect. Pests class do not have any arms, rather they are assembled from spare parts. The Bomber class of Zombies are stitched up from parts.
- Zombies features customizable loadouts, but also permanent-unlocks that work like perks. GameInformer directly compares this to gobblegums, but these are permanent, not temporary uses like gobblegums.
- There are 4 classes: Offense, Control, Support, and Medic.
- Boarding up windows and collecting currency is back in this mode.
- There are both wave based rounds and location/event based encounters
- Players can earn some “special abilities” in Zombies mode. Activated by pressing R1 and L1. An example is Unlimited Ammo.
Call of Duty: World War II will release November 3 for the PlayStation 4.
(Source: Game Informer via Charlie Intel)