The Division Update 1.7 Is 7.7GB on PS4, Here’s the Patch Notes
Deployed earlier today, The Division update 1.7 is 7.66GB on PlayStation 4, 6.5GB on PC, and 6GB on Xbox One, players have revealed.
Here’s some of what you can expect from Update 1.7:
- Global Events are time-limited events that add special modifiers to the PvE parts of The Division.
- Taking part in a Global Event will award you Tokens that you can use to purchase Classified Gear caches (detailed below) and unique vanity items (that are currently not included on the PTS).
- The Global Event features a modifier that can be applied to existing content. Two extra modifiers can be enabled to increase the challenge and the rewards.
- Earn Global Event Tokens by playing the content and exchange them for Global Event Caches at the vendor.
- Rewards include: Three Classified Gear Sets. Three different Weapon Skins. One vanity set.
- Global Event specific Commendations are available to challenge you even further.
Commendations and Patches
- Commendations introduce hundreds of challenges across several categories for agents to accomplish. Commendations cover all aspects and areas of the game, both for PvE and PvP.
- Unlocking achievements reward the player with Commendation Score. Your tallied score is displayed to other agents.
- Some special Commendations award a Patch, a brand new vanity item. These Patches are displayed on the agent’s arm, replacing the default Phoenix patch.
- Face Masks are new vanity items allowing players to further customize the look of their agent.
- Face Masks can be obtained during Global Events.
- The Base of Operations now include a room with an interactive mirror that you can use to change your agent’s appearance. You can find the room by turning right straight after you have entered the Terminal from the Base of Operation stairs.
- An Encrypted Cache is a loot container obtained from the Premium Vendor in the terminal. It requires a key to open: Encrypted Caches contain unique appearance items, emotes and skins. Cipher Keys are needed to open Encrypted Caches. These keys are created by collecting key fragments, which are available from normal gameplay. 10 key fragments are needed to create one Cipher Key. Keys can also be purchased from the Premium Vendor.
- Unique appearance items from the Encrypted Caches are organized in Collections that can be found in the Vanity tab. Once a Collection has been completed, the agent will receive a reward.
Classified Gear Sets
- Classified Gear Set pieces are unique gear set pieces for pre-existing gear sets and will feature 5 and 6-piece bonuses.
- Classified Gear Set pieces can initially only be received from participating in Global Events: After a Global Event has concluded, the Classified Gear pieces can be found during normal gameplay, but with lower drop rates than during Global Events.
- Classified Gear Set pieces have higher Primary Stat Range than normal Gear Set pieces: Primary Stat Range: 1274 – 1401
- Classified Gear Sets can receive two recalibrations.
- Blueprints are now shared across all characters on a same account.
- Currencies are now shared across all characters on a same account.
- Crafting materials are now shared across all characters on a same account.
- After a Medkit cleanses a Status Effect, it will grant a temporary, three-second invulnerability to the cleansed Effect.
- Fixed a bug where players could get the On Fire status effect even though they had 100% burn resistance. Note that players can still take damage from certain fire attacks, such as Cleaner flamethrowers.
- Fixed a bug where players receiving a burn status effect right after throwing a grenade or throwable skill would disable the grenade or skill.
- Fixed a bug where players could run faster than they should by spamming the sprint button.
- Fixed gamepad maximum scope sensitivity being lower than intended. Maximum sensitivity is now the same as it was in 1.6.
- Fixed a bug where a player would skip downed state and jump directly to dead state if killed after having pressed “give up” briefly during a previous revive attempt.
- All weapons: Added a hard cap on RPM for all weapons. It will no longer be possible to overcome the RPM limitation of a weapon, no matter what shooting method is used.
- SVD: SVD recoil and spread have been retuned to be in line with the M1A.
- Adjusted the RPM value shown in Burst Fire weapons’ UI to reflect their actual RPM instead of the RPM of the Burst alone. This change also results in an updated DPS value for said weapons. Note that this is a UI change only to better reflect the behavior of these weapons; their actual fire rate and damage have not changed.
Every single patch note can be seen over here.
The first Global Event, Outbreak, starts today at 9am PT/12pm ET.
As a reminder, the Survival expansion will be free to play this weekend, beginning on Friday, August 18 at 6am PT/9am ET.