Sledgehammer Provides Update on Call of Duty: WWII Beta Feedback and Progress, Check Out the Notes
Sledgehammer Games has been noting community feedback on Call of Duty: WWII‘s beta test, the first phase of which kicked off on Friday, and has provided an official update on its progress and next steps.
Here are the studio’s notes:
- We love the positive reactions to the new overhead camera esports feature. In response to feedback about visibility of objectives, especially Hardpoints, we are currently working on solutions for launch.
- Some players are reporting getting trapped in an update loop after they are prompted to restart their game to complete an update of the client. We have been resolving these through basic troubleshooting and are investigating further steps.
- You have asked about a color blind setting in the menu. While not in the Beta, we have been working to have this for launch.
- In response to all the requests for bumper jumper configuration, we also plan to support this for launch.
- We’ve heard your feedback regarding playlist variety, and have made some adjustments to improve this. You know what else would improve it? More maps and modes.
- We’ve heard your feedback on the Paratroopers Scorestreak having some edge case issues. We made some adjustments today, but they didn’t address the core issue in the way we wanted. We’ve got new fixes coming soon.
- We are investigating a bug that causes some players to be kicked back to the Main Menu after accepting an invite from the load screen of any map.
- There is a bug causing the title to crash when an invitee accepts an invite while entering a match when the inviter is also entering the match.
- Some of you have noted that the incendiary shells feel too strong. We’re looking into data to determine if a nerf is needed.
- Improvements to Party UI / UX are underway. Implementation date is still TBD, but know that we are actively working on it.
Those playing the beta should have noticed that Sledgehammer increased the level cap to 25. You’ll now have more unlockables available to you including the Bouncing Betty Lethal, and Fighter Pilot Scorestreak.
The current beta concludes tomorrow, August 28, at 10AM PT. You’ll be able to play again from Friday, September 1 to Monday, September 4.
Call of Duty: WWII releases worldwide on November 3.