Big Madden NFL 18 Patch Pushes PS4 Pro HDR Support and Multiple Bug Fixes
While Hurricane Irma may soon be closing in on the EA Tiburon office, the team managed to put out a big patch for Madden NFL 18 before shutting down in advance of the storm. This large patch includes HDR support for the PlayStation 4 Pro, as well as many reported bugs with the title. Seeing as the game came out in late August, it’s surprising that a big patch like this has already been released.
Here are the details of the patch, courtesy of USGamer:
- HDR Support
- General Stability fixing various crashes and softlocks
- Fixed issue with Steelers; crowd ‘Terrible Towels’ appearing black or grey
- Online Head-to-Head Quarter Length changed from 4 minutes to 5 minutes
- Fixed an issue around MUT Squads players receiving the incorrect rewards when teammates leave the session early
- Improved a small framerate drop when the ball is snapped on PS4
- Tuned scaling of the football to be slightly smaller
- Fixed an issue where Points were purchasable in Trial
- Fixed Button functionality to be correct: [CROSS] button does not function when attempting to load a MADDEN PROFILE
- Zone Coverage tuning to increase ‘Break-on-Throw’ times
- Tuning to decrease effectiveness of Ball Carrier special moves
- Fixed issue around Coaches standing in the middle of the field when re-starting MUT Challenges
- Tuning to increase blocksheds in run defense vs. Gun Inside Zone plays
- Tuning to slightly increase pass rush when QB holds onto the ball for longer times in the pocket
- Fixed an issue with sideline characters not reacting appropriately to big plays
- Fixed incorrect Chargers/Giants week 5 game on the schedule
- Fixed issue around schedules recording incorrectly when using Play Now Live for Preseason Week
Make sure to check out our Madden NFL 18 review:
A common complaint of yearly sports franchises is that releases often feel like a mere roster change, or a fresh coat of paint on an already existing structure. Obviously large sweeping changes take time to introduce, and only so much can be done in a year, so these complaints do sometimes hold some validity to them. I don’t suspect any of these complaints will be lobbed at Madden NFL 18, though. EA Tiburon has done a lot for the 2017 installment of their football giant, and that hard work has paid dividends.
Madden NFL 18 is now available on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.