New Code Vein Character Customization Information Released
As part of its “IGN First” coverage this month, more information about the upcoming vampire action RPG Code Vein continues to come out, and today we now have a look at how the character creation system works.
You can check out the full video via IGN below:
Like most RPG titles out now, Code Vein allows players to create their own player and tweak their appearance. You can choose their gender, body type, skin color, face type, eye size, hairstyle, and a plethora of other features. You can also add other styles to your character such as face paint, which gives your vampire a unique look.
Clothing, or what the game calls “inner clothing,” can be customized to change what color each part of your outfit is. For instance, your collar and sleeves can be different colors, and match separately with what your chest looks like.
For those unaware, here are some extra details on the vampire action RPG, including some tidbits on character creation and the system:
In Code Vein, players will create their own character to act as the protagonist. Players will be able to select from the lead actors of various different works as the voice of their character, as well as be able to customize even minor details such as their character’s facial outlines, and pupil size and luster.
- Characters can equip up to two types of weapons, which can be switched between without opening the menu.
- Equipment itself can be changed any time by bringing up the menu.
- Characters will level up by gaining experience points, and their stats will increase.
- The user interface is simple and small.
- There is a “Special Blood Sucking” command that can be triggered under certain conditions, which increases the amount of gathered blood and stock, and significantly increases the amount of damage dealt to the enemy.
- There is a “Focus System” through which a dedicated gauge builds up when the player in a pinch, and powers up the player when triggered.
- Players can cooperate, coordinate, and transfer HP with their Buddy character.
- The game will have actions such as launch-into-combo attacks, back attacks, and parries.
Code Vein is due out for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC in early 2018.