Warframe: Plains of Eidolon Launching Later this Year
Brand new information regarding the next Warframe update, Plains of Ediolon, have been revealed, and it seems like this will be a massive update to the third-person shooter.
Developer Digital Extremes held a livestream earlier today, of which a full replay can be found over at Warframe’s Twitch channel, to debut some gameplay of Plains of Eidolon, and have since released some more information on what players can expect. The hugest addition by far would be the Landscapes – Warframe’s very first open world area – which allows plays to encounter new creatures, enemies, and interactive NPC characters that will offer quests for players to do.
In conjunction with the news, Digital Extremes has also released a new teaser trailer for the update:
More key features in Plains of Eidolon can be found below, courtesy of Digital Extremes:
- Landscapes (Open Zones)
- Until now, Warframe missions have taken place in relatively closed environments. With the Plains of the Eidolon expansion, players will set foot in a vast natural landscape free to explore on their own terms.
- Meet the Inhabitants of Cetus
- Never before have Tenno encountered the faceless people whose lives they have saved, until now. Meet the Ostrons, a makeshift group of scavengers whose culture revolves around the grotesque harvesting of biomechanical tissue from long dormant Orokin Towers.
- Different Kind of Mission
- In addition to discovering and exploring, players will engage in an assortment of missions to find and assemble new Warframes and weapons, items and more. Expect to strap on Archwing for air travel and battle, and experiment with customizing and modding a Warframe like never before.
- Discover and Explore
- Plains of the Eidolon offers a sense of discovery, variety, and mystery that mixes several different environments and tones to create a deep sense of place. Experience a bristling new world in where the wind rustles across your Syandana and the age and size of giant Orokin structures ominously looms in the background. Earth will be more alive than ever before.
Warframe: Plains of Eidolon comes out sometime later this year for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.