Check Out Ten Minutes of Code Vein Boss Gameplay
We may hear more about Code Vein at the Tokyo Game Show, but thankfully we don’t have to wait a few days for some new gameplay. Thanks to IGN First, we have a ten minute gameplay video to watch for Bandai Namco’s upcoming action RPG, which mainly consists of a boss battle. Judging from this video, those that enjoy a challenge are sure to like Code Vein!
Here is IGN First’s video:
Here’s a bit more about Code Vein, including another gameplay video at the link:
In Code Vein, players will create their own character to act as the protagonist. Players will be able to select from the lead actors of various different works as the voice of their character, as well as be able to customize even minor details such as their character’s facial outlines, and pupil size and luster.
- Characters can equip up to two types of weapons, which can be switched between without opening the menu.
- Equipment itself can be changed any time by bringing up the menu.
- Characters will level up by gaining experience points, and their stats will increase.
- The user interface is simple and small.
- There is a “Special Blood Sucking” command that can be triggered under certain conditions, which increases the amount of gathered blood and stock, and significantly increases the amount of damage dealt to the enemy.
- There is a “Focus System” through which a dedicated gauge builds up when the player in a pinch, and powers up the player when triggered.
- Players can cooperate, coordinate, and transfer HP with their Buddy character.
- The game will have actions such as launch-into-combo attacks, back attacks, and parries.
Code Vein will release in 2018 on the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
[Source: IGN First]