NBA 2K18 Update 1.02 Out Now, Aims to Fix MyCareer Save File Glitch
NBA 2K18 update 1.02 is now available for players on Xbox One and PlayStation 4, but developer 2K is being coy about what it actually fixed. “A new NBA 2K18 patch is now available for Xbox One & PS4,” wrote the developer on Twitter. “More info later.” The official patch notes on PS4 simply read that it “improved the stability of the title in addition to a number of general improvements to the user experience.”
A new #NBA2K18 patch is now available for XBOX One & PS4. More info later.
— NBA 2K19 (@NBA2K) September 18, 2017
There’s over four gigabytes worth of patch for players to download, and while 2K hasn’t fully detailed the patch yet, it’s supposed to fix a nasty bug that is impacting Xbox One owners. This bug deleted players’ MyCareer mode characters, and lost all of their clothing, animations and player badges they had unlocked. We’ll have more on the update’s specifics once they come in.
For those that were impacted with the bug (which appears to only be on Xbox One for the moment), 2K listed the following info on their support site:
Create or update your ticket with our support team at 2K Support To help push things along, please send in the following information in your first response:
- Did you participate in the NBA 2K18 Prelude?:
- 2K associated Email address:
- A description of what happened directly before the issue’s occurrence:
- The position, archetype, and overall of the corrupted MyCAREER save(s):
- Dates the save file(s) were created:
- Dates those save files were last played (be as precise as possible):
Aside from the previous information, we’ll need you to create a placeholder file so we can recover your player. (One for every file you’re missing)
Please create the new file(s) with the exact following specifications:
- Position: Same as your missing file(s).
- Height: Smallest height possible.
- Wingspan: Smallest wingspan possible.
- Attributes: NO attributes upgraded at all.
NBA 2K18 is available now on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. We’ll have a review of the basketball sim up tomorrow.