NHL 18 Update 1.02 Fixes Various Bugs, Read Patch Notes
NHL 18 has been updated today, and with the update comes a slew of bug fixes and game improvements.
The 1.02 update adds an option for Champions League aggregate scoring as well as improved face-off formations in the NHL Threes mode, it’s 3-vs-3 gameplay mode. According to the massive list of patch notes, the update also fixed some issues regarding the Defensive Skill Stick, which caused some skaters to lose pickup functionality.
You can check out some of the patch notes below, and make sure to head over to the EA forums for the full list of notes:
CONTENT UPDATE 1 – (Now Available – Sept. 19th, 2017 – 991.33 MB)
- Added option for Champions League Aggregate Scoring
- Improved faceoff formations during 3 on 3 play.
- Added updates to prevent players from moving before they were visible on screen after play resumes from a stoppage in NHL® THREES
- Added ability to change team strategies in NHL® THREES gameplay
- Updates to faceoff camera timing in NHL® THREES
- Updates to improve stick on puck collisions during poke checks
- More accurate stick on puck physics volume collisions during Defensive Skill Stick.
Offensive and Defensive AI
- Improved AI puck carriers in 1-on-0 situations during play and in shootouts
- Updates to Defensive AI decision making so that they stay with their check more consistently
- Updates for AI teammates that would skate into shooting lanes instead of standing in better positions to deflect the shot or get the rebound instead.
- Updates to AI shooting logic during penalty shots.
- Logic updates for AI goalie pull situations.
- Improved shot logic for the AI
- Improved positioning for offensive AI players away from the puck so that they take their stick position/handedness into account more and position themselves and adjust their facing better based on their intention.
- Added improvements for AI skaters that would switch to skating backwards during breakouts.
Coaching Feedback/On Ice Trainer
- Added new videos and Training to Hockey Canada Training Camp
- Support added for button dekes in coaching feedback and Hockey Canada Training Camp
- Added the ability to blend back into skating faster out of deking
- Various shot animation improvements
- Added improvements to skaters that were missing the puck too often if they were directed to perform a shot without picking up the puck first (one timers and shots from loose pucks).
- Updates to improve animation blend issues out of shot blocks.
- Improvements added for players doing a board pinch when the puck position didn’t make sense for it.
- Blending improvements when transitioning into defensive skill stick.
- Updates to allow the Defensive Skill Stick state to override hit intent if the hit hasn’t started to be thrown yet. This allows players to be on and off RB/R1 without letting go of the right stick.
- Updates to improve an issue where the Defensive Skill Stick state caused user skaters to lose pickup functionality
- Added in variance of error to the new poke check system based on player control, direction from the players facing and relative speed of the puck. This means that a player is most accurate when skating in a controlled manner and poking a still puck in front of themselves and least accurate when poking against their momentum behind themselves at a fast-moving puck. Each of these factors are also tied to the player’s attribute ratings.
- Improved hip check controls to prevent clashes
- Poke check animation assets improved for increased poke checking accuracy before any error is added.
- Added reaction delay based on a player’s awareness after a puck is deflected off a stick/body as players were reacting too quickly to defensive deflections.
NHL 18 is out now on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.