PSLS Help Desk – PS4 Error Code CE-36329-3 Fix
PS4 error code CE-36329-3 is a error within the system software. You will usually see this when a game crashes and quits back to the main PS4 menu. This error code can be one of the easiest to fix, but can also be one of the most frustrating while trying to play games.
You can try the following to fix PS4 error code CE-36329-3:
- Restart the application. If the error only occurs once, there’s a chance it was a one off crash that doesn’t indicate any other underlying issues. Restart the game you were playing, and most of the time, you will be able to continue to play without further issues.
- Restart the PS4. Sometimes your console will just need a power cycle to clear the error and get things running smoothly again.
- If the error persists, make sure you have the latest version of the PS4 firmware installed, as well as the latest version of the game or application. Go to [Settings] then [System Software Update] to check for PS4 updates. To check for an update on a game, press [Options] over the icon, and select [Check for Update].
- If you’ve ever removed or installed a new hard drive, you’ll want to try reinstalling the hard drive, or putting the original hard drive back in the system.
- If the error continues, back up your saved data, and then go to [Settings], then [Initialization], and select [Initialize PS4]. This will wipe your PS4, so use it as a last resort.
- If the error won’t go away after these steps, you’ll need to contact PlayStation Support to see if you need to get your console serviced or replaced.
Have you run into this or similar errors? Let us know in the comments below if you found a fix that works for you!
- PSLS Help Desk: PS4 Error Code CE-34878-0 Fix
- PSLS Help Desk – PS4 Error Code CE-34788-0 Fix
- PSLS Help Desk – PS4 Power Save Settings