Code Vein Multiplayer Is Being Considered By Developers
The upcoming action RPG Code Vein was featured heavily at this year’s Tokyo Game Show, and the folks over at Gamereactor were able to sit down with producer Keita Iizuka and director Hiroshi Yoshimura, where they discussed not only the game’s mechanics and the story of the game, but the possibility of bringing multiplayer gameplay into the discussion.
“Yes, we are now thinking of the multiplayer support,” said Iizuka. “But we cannot tell about details on this part. However, we really focus on the buddy system in this game so with this idea we negotiating and discussing with the development team to install a multiplayer support system.” From the sounds of it, it seems like the concept of multiplayer may not be totally farfetched, and if anything, will be like the multiplayer found in Bloodborne and Dark Souls, where a player can be joined by a friend or stranger to go out and fight bosses and enemies.
For those unaware, here are some extra details on the vampire action RPG, including some tidbits on character creation and the system:
In Code Vein, players will create their own character to act as the protagonist. Players will be able to select from the lead actors of various different works as the voice of their character, as well as be able to customize even minor details such as their character’s facial outlines, and pupil size and luster.
- Characters can equip up to two types of weapons, which can be switched between without opening the menu.
- Equipment itself can be changed any time by bringing up the menu.
- Characters will level up by gaining experience points, and their stats will increase.
- The user interface is simple and small.
- There is a “Special Blood Sucking” command that can be triggered under certain conditions, which increases the amount of gathered blood and stock, and significantly increases the amount of damage dealt to the enemy.
- There is a “Focus System” through which a dedicated gauge builds up when the player in a pinch, and powers up the player when triggered.
- Players can cooperate, coordinate, and transfer HP with their Buddy character.
- The game will have actions such as launch-into-combo attacks, back attacks, and parries.
Code Vein is due out for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC in early 2018.