NBA 2K18 Update 1.03 Out Today, Fixes Issues (Updated)
Update: An additional patch note from Ronnie 2K has come in:
One added patch note: #NBA2K18 users are now able to view their individual attributes & values when upgrading their players in MyCAREER
— Ronnie 2K 2K19 (@Ronnie2K) September 25, 2017
Exciting news for basketball fans, as NBA 2K18 update 1.03 is scheduled to drop later today. The news was confirmed by the face of 2K’s basketball sim, Ronnie 2K, on Twitter. “NBA 2K18 Patch 3 will drop on PS4/XB1 this afternoon with notes,” wrote Ronnie 2K.
Read the full patch notes below:
– Fixed a case where game framerate would drop for the remainder of the game following a called timeout.
– Gray indicators have been added underneath the feet of your teammates in the Playground; it is now much quicker and easier to discern your teammates from your opponents.
– Global settings/options will no longer reset to default after entering a MyTEAM game.
– Users will no longer lose their facial hair when re-scanning their face.
– Addressed a case where Draft-and-Stash players in MyLEAGUE/MyGM would be signed to a $0 contract, while simultaneously being duplicated in the upcoming rookie draft (new save required).
– Generated prospects in future seasons of MyLEAGUE/MyGM will now always have heights appropriate for their position (new save required).
– Free agents 32 years or older will no longer pass up big money offers to sign for the MLE in MyGM/MyLEAGUE.
– Users will no longer display negative badge progress following an exceptional performance in MyCAREER. For those currently experiencing this, continue playing and your tally will be incremented towards your next bonus.
– Fixed a hang that could occur when the user was scrolling down the list of available shirts in the T-Shirt Kiosk.
– Improved framerate in the court area of the Playground when games are being played on most/all of the courts.
– Addressed a hang that could occur when bringing up the squad menu in a completely full Neighborhood.
– Fixed a soft hang in Live Practice where the ball would not get picked up when using the ball machine.
– Fixed an issue where the camera would always point to the middle of the court if the user had the Auto Flip option enabled while in the broadcast camera(s).
– (Switch) Improved framerate/audio syncing during tunnel/locker room scenes in MyCAREER.
– (Switch) Fixed an issue that sometimes prevented Local Play from commencing when there were four participants.
NOTE: All patch fixes will work in your existing game mode saves unless noted otherwise.
For more on the basketball title, check out our NBA 2K18 review. Here’s a snippet of what I had to say about the game:
Rarely have I had as many conflicting feelings about a game as much as I do with NBA 2K18. So much about the basketball sim is top-notch, but there are also so many elements that make me want to put it down and never touch it again. From gross business decisions that get in the way of enjoying modes to adding so many elements that get in the way of simply enjoying the on-court action, it winds up being its own worst enemy. Those who just want a solid basketball game to play exhibition matches won’t find anything better, but the rest of the package winds up stepping on its own feet all too often.
NBA 2K18 is available now on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.