Award-Winning Killer Puzzle Game, Slayaway Camp: Butcher’s Cut, Coming to PS4 and Xbox One
Blue Wizard Digital has announced that its award-winning homicidal horror puzzler, Slayaway Camp, will be getting a Butcher’s Cut edition on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One next month, just in time for Halloween.
The debut game by PopCap co-founder Jason Kapalka’s studio features voices behind Mass Effect’s Commander Shepard and Jason Voorhees from 2009’s Friday: the 13th reboot.
Here’s an official description:
Slayaway Camp is a killer puzzle game where you control Skullface, a psychotic slasher hell-bent on revenge. Slide this adorably demented murderer around hundreds of isometric puzzle levels to squash, flay, and decapitate hapless victims in this darkly comic homage to 80s horror movies.
This special console-only Butcher’s Cut edition is the biggest and bloodiest version of Slayaway Camp… EVER! More puzzles. More killers. More gore. It’s the ultimate videogame nasty.
- Includes the base game and the following additional content: Deluxe Edition, My Gory Valentine, HellCamp, Monthly Murderers Series 1 & 2, Supernatural Forces, and Santa’s Slay
- 300+ Fiendish puzzle levels to massacre your way through
- 60+ Killers to cause comical carnage with, including deranged wackos such as Mutant Hillbilly, Kevin, and the killer inter-dimensional clown: THAT
- 90+ Gorepacks with delightfully OTT kill scenes to shock and entertain
- Starring Mark Meer (Cdr. Shepard from Mass Effect) as Skullface and Derek Mears (Jason from Friday the 13th) as Jessica
- Genuine hair-metal soundtrack by legendary Canadian group GNÜ TRUNTION
- Created by Jason Kapalka (Peggle, Bejewelled), Nate Schmold & Jessi Ross (Cosmochoria) and Ido Yehieli (Cardinal Quest)
- Slayaway Camp was recently selected as an overall winner at the annual Google Play Indie Games Festival
We’ll update our readers when a release date is announced.