Guerrilla Games Reiterates That The Frozen Wilds Will Be the Only Expansion for Horizon Zero Dawn
Responding to several fans on Twitter, Guerrilla Games has reiterated that The Frozen Wilds is the only expansion that Horizon Zero Dawn is set to receive. The upcoming content will also be part of the hit game’s Complete Edition, which is out this December.
Elsewhere on Twitter, the developer answered several other fan questions, the highlights from which are as follows:
- There are no plans to add co-op to the game.
- The Frozen Wilds is a “substantial” piece of content and its map will be added to the existing one, hence expanding the overall world map.
- Players don’t need to finish the main story to play the expansion.
- The Complete Edition will have all DLC items and The Frozen Wilds on disc. Only the theme and artbook will be digital.
- The Complete Edition will contain the same DLC items as the Digital Deluxe Edition.
Alongside a new area, The Frozen Wilds features a new story, new machines, and new characters. Here’s a brief synopsis:
Beyond the northern mountains, the borderlands of the Banuk tribe challenge all who dare enter to survive the extremes. But now this frozen wilderness harbors a new threat, and for Aloy, a new mystery – one she’s determined to solve.
Horizon Zero Dawn: The Frozen Wilds will release on November 7.
[Source: Guerrilla Games (Twitter)]