Destiny 2 Update 1.0.6 Changes Crucible Scoring, Faction Rallies, Read the Patch Notes
Previewed last week, Bungie today release Destiny 2 update 1.0.6 which makes a number of changes to Crucible scoring. One set of changes not noted last week are those concerning Faction Rallies. Bungie took this opportunity to change some of the drop rates for Faction tokens, including making strikes more rewarding, and making it more valuable to play with a team. There was also a small hotfix included specifically for the PC version.
Here are the Destiny 2 update 1.0.6 patch notes.
1.0.6 The one about Crucible scoring changes.General
- Fixed an issue with collision detection on the Bureaucratic Walk Emote
- Fixed an issue causing players to encounter empty public spaces too often in free roam
- Fixed an issue causing players to be kicked to OrbitFaction Rallies
- Strikes now reward Faction Tokens at a range of 5 to 9 Faction Tokens per completion (up from 3 to 7)
- Nightfall now rewards 10 to 18 Faction Tokens on first completion per character
- Completing Heroic Public Events now rewards 5 Faction Tokens (down from 8)
- Destroying enemy resources no longer rewards Faction Tokens
- Opening Lost Sector chests now rewards 3 Faction Tokens for each fireteam memberCrucible
- Updated Mercy Rule settings to allow Mercy to activate slightly later in the match, allowing a wider range of scores to trigger itClash
- Reduced score limit to 50 (was 75)Control
- Reduced score limit to 90 (was 100)
- Reduced influence that enemy-controlled zones exert over the spawning systemSurvival
- Reduced round time limit to 2 mins (down from 3)
- Reduced life count to 6 (down from 8)Supremacy
- Increased score-to-win to 70 (up from 50)
- We now grant one point for defeating an enemy Guardian
- Adjusted the influence enemy crests have on the spawning systemCompanionAndroid
- Improved performance across the app and particularly on the Gear and Progress sections
- Improved screen state preservation after rotation
- Added the ability to look up Clans by name (exact matches only)
- Added suggested Clans to the ‘Browse Clans’ screeniOS
- Added suggested Clans to the ‘Browse Clans’ screen22.214.171.124 The one about Clan rosters.PC Version
- Fixed an issue where Clan rosters were not showing properly
- Fixed an issue causing gradual performance degradation over time
It’s good to see that Bungie can quickly address problems like this, deploying an entire patch for the single issue rather than waiting to fix a batch of problems with a larger update. Though this is the only listed fix, sometimes Bungie uses these updates to slip other features or fixes into the game that aren’t included in the patch notes. We’ll let you know if we discover any additional changes made to the game with update 126.96.36.199.
Don’t forget that the first Destiny 2 Iron Banner is live this week, bringing along with it a new Crucible map, which is a Nessus-based reimagining of a map from Destiny 1! To start the quest, you must visit Lord Saladin in the Tower. Exclusive armor and weapons can be earned by turning in tokens obtained from playing the Iron Banner mode. The game type is Control for this month’s event. Power Level does not matter, so grab the gear you’re most comfortable using in the Crucible and challenge other Guardians to a fight.
Next week will be the launch of the Leviathan Prestige Raid, increasing the challenge and adding additional rewards for players, though the Power Level cap will not be increasing with its release. It was delayed from launching this week due to an exploit that made many of the encounters far too simple.
Did you ever have problems with the game crashing when you were trying to load into the Tower? Is the issue fixed for you now that this update is live?