Wolfenstein 2 Update 1.02 Includes Freedom Chronicles Episode Zero & Fixes
Bethesda announced that Wolfenstein II update 1.02 is releasing soon for The New Colossus. It includes a number of new features, and most excitingly includes Freedom Chronicles Episode Zero, which was a pre-order bonus for the game. It also includes a number of fixes, Xbox One X support (for the Xbox version, obviously), and a number of new combat simulations.
Check out the Wolfenstein 2 update 1.02 patch notes below:
Freedom Chronicles Episode Zero
- Available for pre-order customers and Season Pass holders who redeemed codes
Xbox One X Support
- Supports 4K resolution
- Dynamic resolution scaling
- 10 new combat simulations playable from the Main Menu or in Evas Hammer
o Requires progression to Chapter 2
- Leaderboard functionality
o Compete with your friends for the highest score!
- Improved stability on NVIDIA 10-series GPUso Async compute temporarily disabled until driver fix available
- Forced driver update on driver detect warning message can now be manually bypassed
- Improved Win 10 stability on supported NVIDIA GPUs when launching at any resolution other than 4K when DPI scaling is set to 175% 4K monitor
- Improved Win 10 stability on supported NVIDIA GPUs when resolution is changed to 4K while DPI scaling is set to 125% or 150%
- Fixed “zoomed in brightness menu” issue on 4K monitors (when DPI scaling was set to greater than 100%)
- Skybox fixes
For more on Bethesda’s latest first-person shooter, check out our Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus review. Here’s what I had to say about the title:
I had high expectations going into Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus, but MachineGames managed to outdo them in every way imaginable. They’ve created one of the most ridiculous video games ever made, and one that is never afraid to be clear about its message of equality & justice. While it’s easy to focus on the over-the-top story beats and memorable scenes, The New Colossus is carried by an incredible amount of heart from start to finish.
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus update 1.02 will be available soon for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.