FIFA 18 Update 1.05 Alters Gameplay, Read the Patch Notes
Electronic Arts put out a new FIFA 18 update today, and it brings with it a key gameplay change. FIFA 18 update 1.05 removes “the chance for the CPU AI controlled player to receive a second yellow card when trying to push or pull an opponent.” This was being abused in-game by players.
Check out the complete FIFA 18 update 1.05 patch notes below:
This update includes the following change, which was made because some players were using an unintended gameplay mechanic to beat the computer on higher difficulty levels in FUT Squad Battles:
Made the following change in Gameplay:
Removed the chance for the CPU AI controlled player to receive a second yellow card when trying to push or pull an opponent, with the exception of an attacker who is through on goal and 1 on 1 with the keeper.
- This has no impact on human controlled players.
To better explain this change we wanted to provide some additional context around how the CPU team plays the game.
- The CPU plays the game as you would, limited by the same input restrictions as a human player is.
- This means that the CPU team has an active player, just like you do, which we call the CPU AI controlled player.
- A CPU AI controlled player exists in the following circumstances:
- On a team with no human players.
- For example, the CPU controlled team in Squad Battles.
- On a team with human players who are all locked to specific players, that also has CPU teammates.
- For example, a Pro Clubs team, with less than 11 human players, with no ANY player.
- A CPU AI controlled player does not exist in the following circumstances:
- On a team with human players who are not locked to specific players.
- For example, a team in FUT Champions.
FIFA 18 update 1.05 is available now for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
[Source: EA Sports]