THQ Nordic Announces it Has Acquired Swedish Studio Experiment 101 and the Biomutant IP
Earlier today, THQ Nordic announced that it had acquired Swedish games studio Experiment 101, as well as the intellectual property of Biomutant, the upcoming open-world RPG for the PlayStation 4.
THQ Nordic didn’t disclose how much they acquired the company for, but did say that the acquisition would be handled by THQ Nordic AB based in Karlstad, Sweden. The day-to-day business of the company will be handed by THQ Nordic GmbH which is based out of Vienna, Austria. Experiment 101 hasn’t commented on the acquisition, but is still working on Biomutant for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
THQ Nordic hasn’t said much on the acquisition, but when a Twitter user compared it to what EA has been doing, the studio had a good reply ready to go.
No, we did not shut down a studio before it… @EA
— THQNordic (@THQNordic) November 17, 2017
Fore more on the upcoming Biomutant, check out the full description of the game, courtesy of THQ Nordic:
- A New Take on 3rd Person Combat – The martial arts style combat system allows you maximum freedom of movement and agility while mixing shooting, melee and powers from your mutations.
- Evolve Your Game-Play – You’ll be able to recode your genetic structure to change the way you look and play.
- Next Level of Crafting – Mix and match parts to create your own unique single- or double-handed slash, crush and pierce melee weapons.
- Gear Up for Adventure – You have full freedom when equipping your character. Not only when it comes to choosing weapons you created, but also what type of gear you wear.
- Survive in a Vibrant Open World – You’ll create your own adventure as you journey explore the open world and what lies beneath its surface, by foot, mech, jet-ski, air-balloon and more.
- An Unusual Story With an Unusual End – A plague is ruining the land and the Tree-of-Life is bleeding death from its roots. The Tribes stand divided, in need of someone strong enough to unite them or bring them all down
Biomutant releases in 2018 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC complete with a Collector’s Edition.