Shoot ’em Up Super Hydorah Releases Today on PS4 and Vita
Need an R-Type style shoot ’em up to fill your holiday vacation time? Super Hydorah releases today on PlayStation 4 and Vita, for $19.99. Super Hyrodah is a horizontal shooter with branching levels, power-ups, and a variety of endings to find.
Developer Locomalito provides more information on Super Hydorah:
In Super Hydorah, an evil force has launched an invasion over the Omios star. Only you, the most skilled and deadly pilot in the galaxy, can face the dreadful menace of the Meroptians, bio-mechanical creatures set in a ruthless war of conquest. Equip your ship, select a route and fight planet by planet against the hordes of Meroptians!Key Features
- Easy to learn, damn hard to master!
- 21 levels divided into 35 sublevels, 35 bosses and more than 100 enemies
- Non-linear level layout with route selection
- Dangers of different nature in each level (not just bullets)
- Weapon selection and power-ups in every mission
- Memorable and epic original soundtrack by Gryzor87
- Secrets, multiple endings, achievements and rank systemPS4 version Features
- 3 Game modes: Single Player, Local Multiplayer Co-op and cooperative minigame called Robot Chase
- Trophies and cross-buy optionPS Vita version Features
- Single player mode only
- Robot chase minigame adapted to single player
- Trophies and cross-buy option
It’s important to note that the Vita version of Super Hydorah isn’t quite feature complete, as it doesn’t offer any multiplayer modes. However, the game is available for cross-buy, so if you want local co-op and portability you won’t have to buy the game twice!
Will you be purchasing Super Hydorah for PS4 or Vita?