Rainbow Six Siege Update 1.43 Detailed, Read the Patch Notes
Rainbow Six Siege update 1.43 is now available to download on consoles and PC. The latest patch for the first-person shooter fixes several issues, including a problem where Dokkabi’s gadget becomes unusable while rappelling. These have now been rectified.
Check out the Rainbow Six Siege update 1.43 patch notes below:
- Fixed an issue where Players lose all functionality/control after picking up a deployable shield.
- Addressed the problem where ash’s breaching round does not break the wall in 2F Meeting Room on Tower.
- Addressed an issue where when a dead Operator is spectating a teammate while on their drone/camera, cycling through Support view modes (drone/camera and Operator views) a third option is available. This view is the First Person point of view of the operator, but the operator is invisible. If the living Operator leaves their camera/drone, the spectating Operator will see a floating gun.
- Fixed an issue where Dokkaebi’s gadget is not usable while rappelling.
- Fixed an issue where Zofia and Ela’s stats are inverted.
While there’s not much to this update, there was substantially more in Rainbow Six Siege update 1.41. You can view those patch notes below:
- The new Operators VIGIL and DOKKAEBI are immediately unlocked for Season Pass owners, with exclusive access granted for seven days. All players can then unlock the Operators with Renown or R6 Credits after the exclusive period ends.
- Zofia Bosak is the second Specialist from Poland’s counter-terrorism unit GROM to integrate into Rainbow, the first being her younger sister, Elzbieta Bosak.
- Inspired by the renowned bravery of the phantom special reconnaissance unit formed at the brink of WWII, Mute embodies the F Squadron. Each Elite set is Operator-specific, and includes a distinctively themed Uniform, Weapon Skin, Gadget Skin, Chibi Charm, and Signature Victory Animation.
New Map – Tower
- In Operation White Noise, two 707th SMB Operators scale the snow-capped Mok Myeok Tower to lead a rescue mission in Seoul, South Korea. The modern communications and observation tower offers fresh vertical vantage points overlooking the entire cityscape, and sets the stage for diverse multilevel tactics.
- To celebrate the end of Year Two, flaunt our latest Seasonal Weapon Skins: Tiger Claw, Feral, Phoenix, Fearless, and Polish-inspired Husaria. Seasonal weapon skins can be applied to the weapons available until the end of the current season.
GRENADE TRAJECTORY SYNCHRONIZATION
The Trajectory Synchronization change is to fix issues where a grenade would desync on the game client and suddenly teleport back. This synchronization change allows us to align the trajectory between what the server sees and what you see on your client. This will reduce the chances that your grenade will return to you after releasing it.
Together with this change, we will take the player velocity into consideration when throwing a grenade. As a result, moving while throwing a grenade will alter the trajectory in various ways. The initial velocity of the grenade will now be combined with the thrower’s movement velocity at the time the grenade was thrown. The thrower’s velocity will therefore modify the trajectory of the grenade in these ways:
- Throwing a grenade while moving forward will result in a longer throw.
- Throwing a grenade while moving backward will result in a shorter throw.
- Throwing a grenade while strafing will induce a lateral movement in the grenade trajectory.
We have changed the pistol animation for greater player comfort. Our overall goal is to make pistols a true choice for players, not just a last resort when you are out of bullets.
Before this change, you always had to aim down the sights because the animation would make the barrel of the pistol lift up in the middle of the screen (where the bullet goes). As a player, you would then have to guess where the enemy is. This issue was especially true if you were aiming for their head.
We have also increased the rate of fire of all pistols. Players can discharge their magazine significantly faster with this change. This has the added benefit of making pistols more lethal, which ties into making them a real choice for players.
NEW UI INDICATORS FOR BUFFS/DEBUFFS
We are introducing buff and debuff indicators on the UI HUD. This will allow for better visualization of when you, for example, have Rook armor or step on a Lesion mine. With the new visual unification of all effects on the player’s character, this means anything you have applied to you is now displayed.
- Rook Armor
- Jackal’s mark (and marking as jackal)
- Lesion’s GU mine
- Dokkeaebi’s Phone hack
There also is a color coding:
- Blue: Positive effect
- Red: Negative effect
A ton of bug fixes (over 5,000 words worth) can be found on the official website.
Rainbow Six Siege update 1.43 is available now on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.