Read the Overwatch Update 2.26 Patch Notes
Overwatch update 2.26 is now available for players on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. The latest patch for the game is a smaller one, but it does contain several fixes and character tweaks. For example, an issue that stopped Mercy’s Resurrection cooldown from “resetting after activating Valkyrie” has been fixed.
Check out the Overwatch update 2.26 patch notes below:
- Addressed an issue that caused the game client to crash when certain visual effects were displayed.
- Competitive Play that sometimes caused incorrect time adjustments between subsequent rounds on hybrid maps.
- Addressed an issue that prevented Mercy’s Resurrection cooldown from resetting after activating Valkyrie.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused Roadhog’s Chain Hook to miss targets from certain angles and distances.
- Addressed a bug that prevented Torbjörn’s Forge Hammer from upgrading his turret if he used it from certain angles and distances.
For even more on Overwatch, check out our review of Blizzard’s first-person shooter. Here’s what our reviewer had to say:
With accessibility to spare, a real commitment to diversity and an infectious sense of innocent fun, Overwatch feels like an important game — the sort that can bridge boundaries in the oft-segmented gaming community. I don’t think I’m exaggerating when I say that this may just be the project to revitalize lapsed or disheartened gamers’ interest in the medium, or the one to bring new players onboard the FPS wagon. So many big games unintentionally put up a wall, implying through their communities, marketing or even gameplay, that they are only for one kind of player or another. Overwatch, on the other hand, makes no mistake in identifying its audience: anyone and everyone that wants to take a shot. It’s ironic to imagine a title about a fragmented team fighting amongst itself serving as a big unifier, but that might just be what we need. At a time when the division between our hobby’s constituents seems more visible than ever, Overwatch reminds us that we’re more alike than different — if we let them, games can bring us together. I don’t know about you, but I think that’s something well worth fighting for.
Overwatch update 2.26 is available now.