Gran Turismo 6 Patch 1.07 Adds BMW Vision Gran Turismo, New Features
The Ayrton Senna update will be available on May 27th, adding new cars and more, but before then, Polyphony has released patch 1.07 for Gran Turismo 6:
Bringing along the BMW Vision Gran Turismo and more, here’s what patch 1.07 includes:
Vision Gran Turismo
- The “BMW Vision Gran Turismo” has been released. Experience the modern road racer created by the BMW design team, resurrecting the excitement and passion of 1970’s touring cars in present day form.
- After the update has been installed, the car can be purchased from the [Vision GT] option within the [CARS] section in “My Home”. Alternatively, it is also possible to obtain the car by completing a lap (regardless of the lap time) in the new BMW Seasonal Event, available only for a limited time.
Adjustments to the Open Lobby
- [Endurance Race] has been added to the [Room Mode] option within [Basic Settings] of the Event Settings screen.
- [Tire Wear/Fuel Consumption] has been added to [Time Trial Settings] options (“OFF”, “Normal”, “Fast” or “Very Fast” can be selected)
- Choice of [Start Type] has been added to the [Race Settings] for Qualifier, Time Trial, and Drift Trial modes. You can now select from [Final Corner Start] or [Pit Start].
- When [Grid Start with False Start Check] is selected in [Race Settings], signal lights will be displayed as start indicators.
New Features Added to Replay and Watch Race Modes
- Button controls can now be used to: Switch between “Full View” and “Live Timing”; to turn the “Driver List Display” ON/OFF; to switch the “Information Display” and to change the target car.
- The “Keyboard Switching Feature” has been added. A USB keyboard can be used to switch the “Information Display” and to change the view.
You can purchase the new BMW after installing patch 1.07 by going to the Vision Gran Turismo section. If you participate in the limited time seasonal event celebrating its release, you can receive one as a prize in-game just by driving a single lap in the event, regardless of your lap time.
If you’re still playing Gran Turismo 5, don’t forget that you only have a couple weeks left until the online portion goes away forever.