On launch day in both regions, the $2.99/£1.99/€2.49 Alcatraz DLC will task you with escaping from one of America’s strongest prisons. “Alcatraz Federal Penitentiary has been rebuilt in The Escapists,” the announcement reads. “Master the daily routine, plan your strategy, and execute your very own Alcatraz escape!”
If you’re just interested in the core The Escapists game, that includes six prisons to escape from, as you can see in the features list:
- 6 unique prisons to escape – from the minimal security of Center Perks to the harsh confines of the Stalag Flucht POW camp.
- 6 different methods to bust your way out including digging out and prison takeovers!
- 10 prison jobs to earn you some vital escape funds. Choose from Laundry, Janitor, Mail Man, Metal Shop, Kitchen, Wood Work, Tailor, Deliveries, Gardener and Library work.
- Crafting system. Gather the necessary items you’ll need to craft items for your escape plan. Craft tools such as Cutters, Shovels, Sheet Ropes and weapons such as the Sock Mace, Comb Blade or Cup of Molten Chocolate!
- Around 200 items to find including 50+ craftable items
As mentioned previously, there aren’t any plans to bring The Escapists to PlayStation 3 or PlayStation Vita.