Previously scheduled for Summer 2015, Severed from developer DrinkBox Studios (Guacamelee!) has been delayed and is now scheduled for later this year.
Releasing on PlayStation Vita, Severed is days away from hitting Alpha, but as DrinkBox explains, “Severed is a really different game from anything we’ve made before and we want to take a few additional months for playtesting and tuning so that we can make it the best game it can be.”
While they joked about adding more memes to the game, DrinkBox says, “There may still be dumb jokes.”
Here’s the description for Severed:
In Severed you play as a distraught warrior, who is lost in a fantastical world. She is tasked with the challenge of knitting together pieces of her story from both the past and the future. Our heroine will embark on a journey through a surreal non-linear world using a gesture based combat mechanic to defeat enemies in this first person adventure. Unlock new abilities, discover secrets of the land, and grow in power as you master both offensive and defensive techniques. Let Severed be your mystery to unravel.
- Dungeon Combat – Use touch-based combat mechanics with offensive & defensive techniques against a variety of enemies
- Style – An RPG-light adventure giving players autonomy over upgrade paths
- Abilities – Gain abilities from Totems—magic armor created from the remains of defeated bosses
- Severing – Force enemies into vulnerable states, then sever their body parts to upgrade equipment and abilities
- Exploration – Choose how to progress through branching routes as you avoid hazards and solve puzzles
- Music – Original soundtrack from Juno-nominated band YAMANTAKA//SONIC TITAN and the renowned Pantayo
What do you think of the delay?