Naughty Dog: “No Plans” for an Uncharted 4 Multiplayer Open Beta
If you were hoping Naughty Dog might offer an open beta for Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End prior to launch on March 18, 2016, Arne Meyer, Director of Communications, has some potentially bad news for you.
Responding to a user question on the PlayStation Blog asking if there were any plans for an open beta, Meyer replied, “No plans.”
Scheduled to end on December 13, the current Uncharted 4 multiplayer beta is only open to owners of Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection with a PlayStation Plus membership. Thanks to the free PlayStation 4 multiplayer weekend starting on December 11, Uncharted Collection owners without PS+ should be able to try the beta.
“That’s the way I understand it with yesterday’s announcement,” Meyer said.
If you’re in the closed beta right now, and live in the United States, Naughty Dog is holding a contest called Uncharted 101 where winners will receive a digital copy of Uncharted 4.
Here’s the details:
During the Uncharted 4 multiplayer beta, challenges will be released on social media, asking you to explore many of the interesting gameplay features in the Beta, such as using the grappling hook to deploying a Mystical in a match. We’re asking our community to share what they’ve learned using #Uncharted101ContestEntry on Facebook and Twitter, rewarding the authors of the best posts with re-posts, re-tweets, or a chance to win a copy of Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End once it’s released.
We’ve got some great prizes lined up. 50 entrants will have a chance to win a digital copy of Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End and one entrant will have the chance to win the Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End Libertalia Collector’s Edition.
It’s easy to participate:
- The contest starts on December 9, 2015 at 12pm PST and ends December 13, 2015 12pm PST
- You have to be following @Naughty_Dog on Twitter or Facebook or @PlayStation on Twitter or Facebook
- Share your entry photo or video with @Naughty_Dog or @PlayStation using the hashtag #Uncharted101ContestEntry on Twitter, or post to your public Facebook feed with the hashtag #Uncharted101ContestEntry
- Your tweet or post must include the #Uncharted101ContestEntry hashtag and a image or video completing the challenge issued by Naughty Dog
- You must use the “Share” button on your PS4 system and then share it on Twitter or Facebook with the hashtag #Uncharted101ContestEntry
- You must be a legal resident in one of the 50 United States excluding Arizona
Will you be entering the contest?
[Source: PS Blog]