Given the working title of Spider-Man PS4 Game, Insomniac Games’ upcoming title is a PlayStation 4 exclusive that’s being published by Sony Interactive Entertainment.
In a post by Marvel Games Creative Director Bill Rosemann, he explained that Insomniac is a perfect match for Spider-Man because “not only are they world class game developers that make phenomenal story-driven experiences, but they also craft games bursting with personality, humor and most importantly: fun…just like Spidey!”
As for deciding to go with Sony on the game, he said:
The PlayStation 4 is one of the most exciting gaming platforms ever! But not only have they created a great gaming console, they also have an amazing line-up of first party titles and a community of the most passionate players that we are thrilled to join.
Not based on the upcoming Spider-Man: Homecoming movie, and starring a more seasoned Peter Parker, Spider-Man PS4 was discussed by Creative Director Bryan Intihar and Rosemann with Geoff Keighley on YouTube Live yesterday.
Here’s some of the highlights:
- It’s the biggest production team Insomniac has ever had on a game.
- They think it’s the most ambitious game yet from Marvel.
- “It’s an open world Spider-Man” game.
- It’s been in development for “quite some time.”
- It features an “all original story,” isn’t a part of the film universe, and is “based deep in the history and love of Spider-Man.
- Expect to see a mix of Peter Parker and Spider-Man.
- “We’re not announcing dates just yet.”
Expect more details on Spider-Man PS4 in the coming months.