The recently announced Middle-earth: Shadow of War is set to be bigger than its successful predecessor in a number of ways, and will offer players more opportunities for exploration, more choice over play styles, and enhanced combat among other features. This was revealed by developer Monolith Productions during a recent livestream, which you can watch in full by following the source link below. But if you prefer to read, then the key takeaways (thanks, Wccftech) are:
- Shadow of War‘s skill tree offers over a hundred skills, which will give players more choice over play styles.
- Each fort has an open-world area so there’ll be more opportunities for exploration.
- Combat has been enhanced and comes with new additions for Celebrimbor. We’re told that the character won’t be able to use a spear for heavy attacks.
- Talion will be able to control siege weapons.
- Shadow of War introduces more characters from The Lord of the Rings universe (some of them will be bosses).
- There’ll be a higher difficulty level for those who love a challenge.
- Expansions and DLC will enhance the experience and won’t revolve around the main game’s characters.
Middle-earth: Shadow of War releases on August 22 for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.
[Source Monolith (Twitch)]