Headup Games announced today that the release of their steampunk RPG PlayStation 4 title, Trulon: The Shadow Engine, is available now.
The game is advertised as an RPG but also has a card combat system built into it, allowing users to build a deck using over 50 cards. According to the developers, the card combat system is “an easy to play way that makes both RPG veterans and new players feel immediately at home.”
The game centers around your character having to help Gladia find the source of a mysterious disease that is spreading throughout the kingdoms of Maelon and Tripuda. The game is inspired by the novel from the game’s author Johan Lilibacka and Jak Koke, known most prominently from his Shadowrun best-seller Dragon Heart Saga.
More about Trulon: The Shadow Engine below:
Enter a world of steampunk and magic by experiencing the debut title of the Trulon series. Trulon: The Shadow Engine is an adventure RPG with a unique card combat system. Battle enemies mutated by magic as you explore the kingdoms of peaceful Tripudia and dangerous Maelon. Unravel the threads of an insidious plot and uncover dark secrets to help bring an end to the mysterious disease threatening Tripudia.
- Unique card combat system with a deep strategy
- Battle enemies using a collection of over 50 unique cards
- Over seven hours of single player action and adventure
- Four unique playable characters with individual strengths and play styles
- Solve puzzles and interact with over a hundred NPCs
- Beautiful setting featuring a mix of steampunk and JRPG
- Spin-off story from the original Trulon novel
Trulon: The Shadow Engine is out now the PlayStation 4.