A brand new FIFA 18 update is releasing today for consoles. FIFA 18 update 1.04 will make changes to passing, and has a bunch of other gameplay tweaks. It’ll also fix a slew of smaller bugs.
Check out the FIFA 18 update 1.04 patch notes below:
New Gameplay Changes:
- Made ground passes and ground through passes less effective when blindly passing the ball between 90 and 270 degrees, where 0 degrees is the direction the player is facing.
- The most significant impact will be seen when the pass angle is between 140 and 220 degrees.
- The impact scales when the pass angle is between 90 (least impact) and 139 degrees and between 221 and 270 (least impact) degrees.
- The passes impacted by this change will see:
- Reduced ball speed.
- Reduced accuracy.
- Disabled user controlled reactions when locked to a player, when the goalkeeper is holding the ball.
Fixed issues in Gameplay:
- Fixed an issue where the goalkeeper sometimes parrying the ball into his own goal.
- Fixed an issue where the goalkeeper diving too early on a downward header and volley shots.
- Addressed an issue where players sometimes becoming invisible during a match.
- Dragbacks not working when rapidly tapping the modifier button.
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to string together multiple stepovers.
- Addressed an issue where the goalkeeper, in some situations, being unable to throw the ball after making a save close to the goal line.
- Addressed an issue where the player automatically passing the ball from a set piece after the game had been paused in an Online match.
- Fixed an issue with Custom controls where movement with the directional buttons was not working when locked to a player.
New changes in FIFA Ultimate team:
- Added the Objectives tile to the Pause Menu in all FUT Online modes.
- Added Guest Mode in FUT Online Seasons and FUT Online Draft.
- Disabled the FIFA Trainer within FUT Champions.
Fixed issues in FIFA Ultimate team:
- Fixed an issue where Squad Building Challenges where tagging a group of challenges would make it unselectable.
- ICONs displaying their current age on in-game overlays.
- Wrong badge showing for your opponent on the Online Season’s Match Preview screens.
- Addressed an issue where objective Completed visual notification not displaying correctly for some Daily/Weekly Objectives.
- Alignment of the text on Manager League items.
- Addressed an issue with the effects shown during the pack opening animation.
- Addressed an issue where the icon of your rank in Squad Battles displaying incorrectly when claiming rewards.
Fixed issues in Online Modes:
- Fixed an issue where players crashing when matching up in Pro Clubs Friendly Matches in certain situations.
- Addressed an issue where players would not receive invites in Pro Clubs Friendly Matches in certain situations.
Addressed the following issues in Career Mode:
- Fixed an issue where players crashing during the first game of the season in certain situations.
New changes in Audio / Visual / Presentation:
- Updated the Chile National Team kits and crest to be authentic.
Addressed the following issues in Audio / Visual / Presentation:
- Fixed the volume of the audio in the Cristiano Ronaldo celebration.
- Addressed some issues with crowd flags displaying the wrong images.
- Fixed some visual issues with the Bundesliga broadcast package.
- Situations where the ball would appear to go through the goal netting.
- Fixed an issue where a player on the ground would incorrectly animate as flipping or spinning.
- Celebrations clipping through ad boards.
FIFA 18 is available now.