Treyarch Attacks Major Issues in Black Ops with v1.04 Patch
Call of Duty: Black Ops has become one of the most popular games of the year, but that doesn’t mean it’s perfect. Thousands of players have reported issues ranging from strange bugs to unfair spawn points. However, it goes without saying that with such a huge budget supporting the game, Treyarch will be delivering patches until all complaints are addressed, and the upcoming patch is the next step toward accomplishing that goal.
Below are the patch notes for the upcoming v1.04 patch of Call of Duty: Black Ops:
- Resolved several issues with parties getting disbanded unexpectedly.
- Additional measures to prevent the “Transmission error” and other disconnects. This was most likely to occur with large parties where party members had mixed NAT types.
- Updated handling for UPnP-enabled routers to improve matchmaking conditions where users had strict or moderate NAT types. Also added in-game communications so that all players are aware of their NAT type in the Player Match party lobby.
- Addressed an issue with VOIP icons not appearing when USB headsets were plugged in prior to game launch.
- Prevention of exploit that allowed players to keep custom classes and killstreaks after prestige.
- Addressed an issue where Flak Jacket Pro would not always protect against ground fires left by Napalm Strikes.
- Prevention of users losing their killstreak reward when switching classes at the start of a new round in round-based game modes.
- Addressed an issue where the incorrect perks would appear when spectating another player under certain circumstances.
- Added round start explosive delay to China Lake grenade launcher to give it the same round start limitations as other explosives.
- Contracts will now reset when the player Prestiges.
- Prevention of Valkyrie rocket exploding upon release under rare conditions.
- Prevention of Gunship failing to give player full control under rare conditions.
- Prevention of an issue where a player will get teleported outside the map boundaries under very specific circumstances.
- Additional security measures to enhance detection and banning capabilities.
- Limit the ability to re-roll supply drops using Hardline Pro to Care Packages only, no other killstreak drops.
- Added a negative influencer to all spawn points to decrease the chances of spawning near an enemy. This will further improve spawning protection on top of previous updates.
- Additional sound mix tuning for Ninja Pro users – increased ranges and volume of enemy footsteps, and removed player footstep sounds on concrete material types.
- Increased headshot multipliers for sniper rifles. Sniper rifles with suppressors equipped will now always be ensured one-shot kill headshots.
- Subtle increase in sniper rifle accuracy when scoping in.
- Added a render delay to the red diamond player indicators that appear when controlling the Gunship, Valkyrie Rocket and Chopper Gunner. When a player first spawns, this will not appear for a period of time.
- Additional minor reductions in knife lunge.
The changes to spawn points and the knife attack range are my most welcomed additions. I would like to see some more changes to sniper rifle as I can’t remember the last time I saw another player using one, and with the ridiculous changes to the way scoping is handled, it’s no wonder why.