New Max Payne 3 Title Update Now Available, Deathmatch Made in Heaven DLC Detailed
Today is a pretty busy one for Max Payne 3 owners. Not only do you get the final piece of DLC with Deathmatch Made in Heaven for $9.99 (or free if you’re a Rockstar Season Pass owner), you also have a brand new title update to download.
That title update is now available and brings along the following changes:
- Slightly increased the rate of fire and the accuracy of the IMG 5.56 and fixed an issue where it would occasionally jam between bursts
- Fixed a reloading issue with the M24
- Fixed an issue where the auto 9mm would sometimes change fire mode when toggling the laser sight on/off
- Fixed an issue where the scope and laser attachments for the IA2 AR rifle would occasionally not work
- Fixed an issue where the grenade indicators would sometimes not display correctly
- Improved fix for instance of players occasionally getting stuck in cover during the single player campaign
- Fixed an issue where players could occasionally have trouble aiming using Southpaw controls in the single player campaign
- Fixed an issue where certain users received an error message when selecting Social Club from the Main Menu
- Fixed an issue with signing up to Social Club in-game for Japanese users
Deathmatch Made in Heaven is live now on the PS Store and includes five new weapons in the form of a cattle prod, night stick, stun gun, pepper spray, and bounding betty. DMiH also brings along four new multiplayer game modes:
Dead Men Walking
A co-op multiplayer mode that pits you and a friend against endless waves of enemies. The longer you survive, the bigger your score, and various modifiers will be given to you along the way. As you fight through each wave, you’ll gain Adrenaline for Bullet Time Bursts and ‘Grit’ that unlocks pain killers, weapons, attachments, new areas of the map and more. Also, the further you advance, the enemies will have better weapons, their accuracy will improve, their armor will be tougher, they’ll have smarter tactics, and there will be Boss waves.
Run and Stun
This all-new game mode transforms one random player into the villainous Saci, Captain Baseball Bat Boy’s nemesis, and pits him against all of the other players on the map who must team up in order to survive his onslaught.
Armed with a Stun Gun, a few Flash Bangs and a weighty melee strike, the seemingly unstoppable Saci adds players to his side with each kill, turning them to his cause. The round ends when the timer runs out or one player is left unturned. Once the person playing Saci adds your name to their roster, you will respawn wearing the character’s mask, letting others know where your loyalties lie.
The new Marked Man Multiplayer mode puts a spin on traditional Deathmatch and rewards you with more XP for taking advantage of Max Payne 3’s Vendetta system. Players that succeed in the Marked Man game mode will earn five points for each Vendetta that they successfully complete and another five points for each Vendetta that they are able to walk away victoriously from.
To climb the leaderboards and earn the most XP, you must trigger and survive as many Vendettas as you possibly can. The fast-paced nature of Max Payne 3’s Multiplayer maps provides the perfect arena for you to rack up points, so move quickly and note your high value targets.
The match starts like a traditional Deathmatch, rewarding you with one point for the first kill that you tally, but now a kill timer will appear next to your score illustrating how many points your next kill will be worth. Over time this kill clock will return to zero, so move quickly and register those victories.
How much Max Payne 3 will you be playing today? Let us know in the comments below.