Killzone: Mercenary Info Blowout – September 2013 Release Date, Multiplayer, Powered by Killzone 3 Engine, Trailer, Much More
A huge amount of news regarding Killzone: Mercenary has been posted on the Killzone website, detailing a ton of different aspects of the game, with a September 17th release date in North America and September 18th release date in Europe also revealed.
Since there is just so much information, we’ve placed it all below in bullet points:
- Killzone: Mercenary is powered by the Killzone 3 engine.
- It takes place just after the ending of the original Killzone and you will revisit many of the events from the Killzone trilogy.
- You play as Arran Danner, a former UCA-soldier who has no qualms about taking on paid contracts from the ISA as well as the Helghast.
- There will be 9 single player missions, each nearly an hour in length.
- Completed missions unlock additional replay challenges, with many special objectives to complete as well.
- There will be a full multiplayer mode with six maps, supporting eight player and three different game types, including Warzone.
- Every action will be rewarded – the better you perform, the higher the payout in single player and multiplayer will be.
- You can then spend money you earn in either to buy gear and weapons.
- Tilt controls will be used for sniper aiming.
- Touch controls will be used for melee.
The story of Killzone: Mercenary was also detailed, which you can read about right here:
When a seemingly routine mission to evacuate the Vektan Ambassador and his family in Pyrrhus goes awry, Danner discovers that the outcome of the war could very well depend on the fate of the Ambassador’s young son. With both sides going through increasingly desperate lengths to get hold of the boy, he begins to wonder whether the price of victory is really worth the paycheck.
Here’s the trailer to get you pumped for it:
How excited are you for Killzone: Mercenary now? Let us know in the comments below.