Patch 1.03 and a Balance Update Now Available for Guardians of Middle-Earth
Guardians of Middle-Earth was added to the North American Instant Game Collection last week, with two new DLC characters added to the game today, and you can now download patch 1.03 for the MOBA title, as well as a balance update.
First up, here are the patch notes:
- Implemented overhaul of latency-related fixes.
- Streamlined matchmaking and lobby queues, making lobbies easier for players to find.
- To help prevent matchmaking to bad servers, matchmaking will ignore servers that are reporting 0 ping.
- Addressed some issues that cause player parties to split.
And now the much bigger Balance update:
- Guardians have gotten a slight pass on their Basic Attack damage do their starting damage matches exactly the damage they are doing. In some cases, the damage has gotten a little higher or lower even though the actual damage output across all levels is the same; in a few cases, some of the Basic attack damage was lowered a little and put into another ability; in these cases, the Basic Attack damage is mentioned such in the case of Runsig below.
- All Tacticians now have a standardized 10% starting Resistances; in the past, some Tacticians started with 13%.
- Chieftain’s Focus Attack Speed boost changed to 10/20/30/40 (was 20/30/40/50).
- Lowered late game base damage to 200 (was 207).
- Gaffer’s Home Cider Critical Chance changed to 20% at all ranks (was 15%/20%/25%/30%).
- Bonfire now deals 6/10/16/24 at a half-second intervals (was 12/20/32/48 per one-second).
- Bonfire ratio lowered to 0.02 per 20 ticks (was previously 0.04 per 10 ticks)
- Note: Bert’s Bonfire ticks every half-second to eliminate issues with Mutton not functioning in all cases.
- Initial Health reduced to 350 (was 355).
- Move speed reduced to 13.8 from 14.
- Kaboom! gains 0.75 points of damage (was 1.0) per Felgrom’s Health point lost.
- Burn! AP ratio adjusted to ensure sustained 0.06 AP.
- A Bit of Fire set for the DOT to follow him as he moves.
- Durin’s Line set for better activation timings.
- Mighty Axe reticule has been fixed.
- Base Attack Damage balanced, bug fixed with exponentiality in his damage curves giving him more than expected damage through mid-levels.
- Base Attack Damage lowered at cap by 8 points.
- Throttle receives lower bonus damage, 35% from 50%.
- Dizzying Smash cooldown lowered to 8 seconds (from 16 seconds).
- Dizzying Smash damage lowered to 20/40/60/80 (was 50/85/120/160).
- Dizzying Smash Resistance debuff time increased to 8 seconds (was 6 seconds).
- Ramming Oppression’s Health Loss reduced to 6% (was 8%).
- Overall movement speed increase by ~4%.
- Health per Level reduced to 70
- Goblin Insult’s Taunt equalized at 1.5 seconds at each Ability Level
- Forest Sprint Attack Speed reduced to 10%/20%/30%/40% (was 20%/30%/40%/50%).
- Forest Sprint Move Speed augmented to 30% at all ranks (was 25/35/45/55%).
- Forest Sprint Cooldown increase to 18 seconds (was 14 seconds).
- Snuff Them Out lifesteal lowered to 8/12/18/26 (was 10/15/22/35).
- Furious Flames True damage lowered to 100/180/270/370 (was 100/200/300/400).
- Furious Flames Cooldown lowered to 40 seconds (was 32s).
- Brutal Draught Damage boost lowered to 8/15/29/50 (was 14/27/44/68).
- Bloodied Blade fear time adjusted to 1.2/1.2/1.2/1.2 (was 1.2/1.4/1.6/1.8).
- Berserker Rage Attack speed lowered to 20/30/40/50 (was 20/35/50/65).
- Man the Walls lowered to 1.0/1.2/1.4/1.6 (was 1.2/1.4/1.6/1.8) and 2.0/2.4/2.8/3.2 (was 2/0/2.6/3.2/3.8).
- Fortitude cooldown increased to 26 seconds (was 24 seconds).
- Roots of Greenwood now scales at a rate of 35/40/50/65.
- Attack Speed on March of the Northmen lowered to 10/15/20/25 from 25/28/31/35.
- Catapult of Angmar’s AP ratio increased to 0.13 from 0.10.
- Catapult of Angmar’s damage increased to 20/48/76/104.
- Basic Attack damage rebalanced from a range of 25 to 100 between levels 1 and 14.
- Heart of the Mountain Critical chance lowered to 20/25/30/35 (was 25/30/35/40) and the bonus for missing HP down to 20 at max (was 30).
- Increased the cost of Wrath to 10% of Thorin’s health (was 7%).
- Oakenshield has a bug fixed where he was benefiting from direct CDR in some situations.
- Changed the move speed and attack speed boost of Wrath to 25/30/35/40.
- Durin’s Wrath resistance reductions to 4/7/10/13 (was 5/10/15/20).
- Dwavern Valor CC reduction flattened to 30% at all ranks (was 20/40/60/80).
- Resistances for Dwarven Valor decreased to 11/18/26/35 from 20/30/40/50.
- Note: with the recent increase to the Stone Giant’s Controlling Influences Reduction buff, players that take Thráin were previously able to break the Controlling Influences Reduction cap of 100%, which is unintended.
- Taskmaster (passive) increased to 15% (was 11%) for both Attack Speed and Move Speed.
- Orcish Medicine’s self-Attack Speed debuff lowered to 15% (was 25%).
- Goblin Gate Relic UI Bug fixed.
- Long Lake Relic bug fixed. Now grants 120 AP, was 100.
- Udun Relic improved to 30 Health threshold (was 50 Health).
- River Barrels Relic is now 2-slot, also decrease in Health Proc to 50% (was 60%).
- Three Hunters Relic is now a 2-slot relic.
- River Running Relic gives 5% movement speed for each Topaz in Belt (was 4%).
- Stoic Strike’s Basic Damage lowered to +3 (was +4) as a 2-slot relic.
- Each inner shrine on the 3-Lane map now benefit all Guardians on a team by 3% (was 4%).
Were you a Guardians of Middle-Earth owner before or after it became free on PlayStation Plus? Let us know in the comments below.