MLB 13: The Show PS3 Patch 1.18 is Live, Brings Along a lot of Fixes
Taking up 167MB on your PlayStation 3, patch 1.18 for MLB 13: The Show is now live and it brings along quite a few fixes to make the overall experience much better.
- In offline and online games, there was an occasional hitch/millisecond delay just as the pitcher would release the pitch. – The title was writing data to the HDD at this point, causing the brief, but noticeable hiccup in the gameplay. When the title writes to the HDD has been adjusted, and this hitch/delay will no longer occur.
- Franchise Fantasy Draft blank screen in Standard Def only. This was standard definition only. This has been fixed.
- In online games, there was a very rare crash when putting a Pinch Hitter into the game. Multiple pinch hit substitutions in the same inning could eventually result in a crash. This was fixed.
- In a Franchise game, while playing with the Houston Astros, an On Screen Display showing division team comparisons would show the Houston Astros in their old National League division. This has been fixed.
- Challenge of the Week – In game real time leaderboard would disappear/reappear frequently. In game leaderboard on the right side of the screen would flicker in and out on almost every pitch. This has been fixed.
- Online Game Rooms – Within a game room, we changed the terminology within Challenge Options pop-up. We removed the text “(Tracked)” as well as the text “(Unranked, Untracked)” from the top two challenge options within a game room.
- Online – Timing batting was available for users in an online game. This setting was never intended for online gameplay and has been removed.
- Within an online game created through a Game Room, users did not have the ability to Concede or Friendly quit through the Quit option. Concede/Friendly quit has been added to the Quit game menu.
- Offline gameplay – Following a Fast Forward in any gameplay mode, the Pitcher would throw a fastball down the middle with high frequency. This has been fixed.
- Use Custom rosters in Leagues. Lineups and Rotations couldn’t be generated with custom players. This is now fixed.
- Create a league (Load weekly roster during creation process) and have any user control the Minnesota Twins – After activating the league, go to Manage Roster (for the Twins) and generate lineups and rosters. At this point, the user would receive an error message and the lineups would never be generated. This is now fixed.
- Fixed an occasional hang that occured when loading a save file that was autosaved after purchasing budget in the Manage Contracts screen.
- Fixed an issue that would cause older players in season/franchise modes to regress at a faster pace than intended.
- Fixed an issue with the one and two handed follow through setting in Edit Player. Two handed follow through was not carrying over into game.
- Manager mode – All batters due up were being displayed as “L” for left handed batter. This has been fixed in HD displays.
- Manager mode – Pitcher would never pitchout until it was requested by the manager. Pitcher will now occasionally pitch out when the time is appropriate, when user selects Play Ball.
- Fixed an issue where 2013 Hall of Fame players were not showing up.
- Post game celebration following a win. SF Giants were walking to/from the wrong dugout. This has been fixed.
- Fixed a minor bug that affected Starting Pitcher energy in League games.
- End of inning music was missing in offline Fast Play games. This has been fixed.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Mercy rule to appear incorrectly at the end of certain online games.
- Addition of new 2013 Post Season logos.
- Batting Practice hats for the Cleveland Indians. Removed an outdated logo batting hat.
- San Francisco AT&T stadium
- Toronto Stadium – There was a large section of seating that appeared grey instead of blue (behind 1st or 3rd base). The art files have been changed to reflect the proper seat colors.
- Twitter feeds should now show up with today’s Tweets
- Using Play Now Rated games, users were staying at the Rookie level and not graduated to Veteran, All-Star, Hof, Legend. They should now move up and down based on Rating.
- Playoff games were unable to be reset. Now they can.
- Fixed league injury healing – When a player got injured if you set him to Inactive, “games returned” would never reduce. If you left him on the Active roster, it would count down. So doing it right punished users with a bug.
- Arena card colors adjusted to match new number ranges – A+ cards should now be platinum, platinum cards should always be A+. Using the Recylcer should provide a platinum card.
- Quality generation moved to after the aptitude is picked – Same test as above.
- APT cards cannot be sold for wrong prices anymore – To repro, you can create a buy order for a high Aptitude DD card. You yourself (or another user) could put up a sell order with a lower Aptitude DD card and qualify for that Buy Order.
- Arena game summaries matched to histories by game_id
We checked the PlayStation Vita version to see if a similar update was available, but nothing popped up in the Live Area. If you happen to notice one pop up for the Vita today though, please let us know in the comments below.